Movies What Is Your Favourite Christopher Nolan Film (Excluding Batman)

Favourite Nolan Film

• Following

• Memento

• Insomnia

• Prestige

• Inception

• Interstellar

• Dunkirk

• Tenet

• Oppenheimer

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Good The Bad The HBK

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
1. I have never seen the Following

2. Memento was great on first watch and very good overall

3. Insomnia was good.

4. Prestige was good but haven't seen it in awhile

5. Inception was great/really good but I was honestly bored watching it again

6. Interstellar was really good but only saw it once

7. Turned off Dunkirk out of boredom

8. Haven't seen Tenet

9. Walked out of Oppenheimer due to boredom.

Overall it's between Memento, Prestige, or Interstellar for me.

I will go with Memento right now but will update if I ever watch the others again. I might watch Prestige later today.

The batman trilogy aside I'm not the biggest Nolan fan although I do think he's really good.

I didn't know who Nolan was til Inception but everytime I watched one of his movies before that I always wondered what the big deal was, then when Inception came around I realized they were all made by the same guy and I just wasn't a Nolan fan, haven't watched any of his stuff since
Ole Pete's not one to keep smacking his head against a wall if I already know it hurts

intergifs5.gif

Memento was pretty mind blowing. The device of using his handicap as a story telling mechanism to unfold everything piece by piece from his perspective is unprecedented as far as I know, and it was SO effective, and the genre fit it so well. It was also technically great and well acted if not quite on the same scale as some of his later technical marvels.

Last edited:
Prestige is by far his best
Exactly.

I loved memento but it's not that fun to rewatch. Interstellar is great but the ending is a little dumb where he goes out on his own to find Hathaway.

The prestige is just fantastic from start to finish. Even when you know what's gonna happen, it's still fun to rewatch. Love that movie.

Exactly.

I loved memento but it's not that fun to rewatch. Interstellar is great but the ending is a little dumb where he goes out on his own to find Hathaway.

The prestige is just fantastic from start to finish. Even when you know what's gonna happen, it's still fun to rewatch. Love that movie.
The book is also awesome if you haven’t read it. It’s very different from the movie. I like the general principle of the movie better but the book gets into more and deep insight into the rivalry.

Probably Tenet. It didn’t make any sense but it was a lot of fun.
Or Memento. I didn’t realize until now that was him.

INCEPTION for me, & it ain't close

Gotta rewatch Prestige tho, only saw it once a long time ago & that's a shame because I remember really liking it

Memento is one of the best movies ever, I go with that without hesitation. Prestige is also really good but memento hits in a way no other movie ever has

Why am I not seeing Dunkirk yet. The movie is great its a slow burn when you can feel the suspense growing as these young British and French soldiers are trying to get off the island. The old man on the boat trying to get to the island. The scene wear the old man is adamant about taking his boat to the airplane that crashed in it. Tom Hardy dog fighting in the sky against Germans.

Huh, I guess I have to watch The Prestige. Memento was quite good but it's been so long now that I'd have to watch it again.

CN peaked at The Prestige and was all downhill after TDK but I haven't seen Oppenheimer yet.

TDKR was disappointing, Inception was just ok, Interstellar was donkeyballs, Tenet had one good sequence but is a WTF movie.

Back