Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formerly known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me at this moment.

PXL_20210305_145406023.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

This is how I ask for Whiskey at a bar.

Last edited:
Good ol R&R reserve when I wanna be cheap af. Pendleton/Crown Royal when I wanna be a little less cheap

It tastes good and it's dirt cheap. Fuck all the whiskey snobs that look down on it. They're getting to be worse than wine snobs.

There is no better bang for your booze buck

0x0.jpg

That's a decent whiskey.

Tullamore Dew is good stuff. I've been meaning to delve into Irish whisky more than I have.

Bourbon is my #1, and my go to is Wild Turkey 101. But if I had to pick a favorite whiskey with price not being a factor, I'd probably go Knob Creek Single Barrell. That 120 proof is heavy but I love the punchiness.

Tullamore Dew is good stuff. I've been meaning to delve into Irish whisky more than I have.

Bourbon is my #1, and my go to is Wild Turkey 101. But if I had to pick a favorite whiskey with price not being a factor, I'd probably go Knob Creek Single Barrell. That 120 proof is heavy but I love the punchiness.

You should, nows a good time to jump in as Irish whiskey in in the ascendancy for sure.

I haven't drank in 2+ years but I used to drink this with my friends all the time

ip-jamesonwhiskey-blog.jpg

People shit on it but it bats way out of its weight class, I find. I have a fairly extensive liquor cabinet and I still find myself just grabbing a little tumbler of this stuff ahead of some significantly more expensive stuff with some frequency.

Since this thread specifies whiskey (American and Irish) rather than whisky (all the rest), I'd probably go with this:

Elijah-craig-barrel-proof-n.jpg

Needs a few drops of water, but it's got a powerful and complex flavour - and, weirdly, a hint of smoke to it.

If you expand it out to whisky, either Highland Park of Bowmore 12 years are my go-to.

Last edited:
For me at this moment.

PXL_20210305_145406023.PORTRAIT-scaled.jpg

I don't drink whiskey that often anymore, but this is some good stuff. I usually get Jameson though. The first bottle I ever got of Tullamore Dew was at a duty free store at an airport in Ireland. I was there for a layover when coming back from the Middle East when I got deployed with the National Guard.

Back