What is University like?

ExplosivAthlete

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys, going to university this fall..

Just wondering from sherbros, what was your experience like, how much harder is it than high school? Is it harder or easier to get tail than high school, what about making friends and staying focused on mma? Lots I wanna know really. What was your overall experience like if you did go. The one I'm going to has a looottttaaa good looking girls

For me personally it was about 10x harder than HS. I did not enjoy it. Went for business.

you are canadian correct? I ask becasue only canadians call it going to university. Americans might say im going to a particular university like im going to the university of southern california, but they wouldnt just say im going to university. It would be im going to college. I first noticed this when i met a canadian and it stood out to me.

you are canadian correct? I ask becasue only canadians call it going to university. Americans might say im going to a particular university like im going to the university of southern california, but they wouldnt just say im going to university. It would be im going to college. I first noticed this when i met a canadian and it stood out to me.

haha yea u guessed it

If your username is accurate it'll probably be pretty sweet.

Otherwise it's probably one of those "it is what you make it" situations. You can't fuck around as much as you could in HS, in my experience, and you are solely responsible for your academic direction/progress so best be responsible.

I did a CS degree and was just happy to get the hell out the other end after 5 years. Never going back.

For me personally it was about 10x harder than HS. I did not enjoy it. Went for business.

I may switch to business or management or something, not sure though since i had troubles this year in math and was getting real angry at it a lot. Quit smoking weed in general because it was hard to do math with weed fucking with your brain, i did end up with a 87% final mark in math and it was my highest.

Currently going for criminal justice, maybe be a lawyer or a councillor for kids in trouble, because i was once like that myself.

What was social life like?

Otherwise it's probably one of those "it is what you make it" situations. I did a CS degree and was just happy to get the hell out the other end after 5 years. Never going back.

haha no, it's not accurate figured there would be a response like that though

high school is nothing compared to college. High school i sailed through without studying, if you don't study and work your ass off in college (especially if you have a difficult degree) you will fail. Im getting my finance degree, but college blows highschool out of the water.

- Difficulty depends on your major. Imo it was harder than high-school but I didn't really care about my grades too much for 3/4 yaers of high-school.

- Training MMA could be hard. It depends on what your classes schedules are like and if you decide to pursue internships/part-time jobs. I had difficulties training some semesters.

- Hooking up with chicks depends on if you really want to do it or not. If you do then there are lots of opportunities to do it.

In the States, depending on how good of a high school you attended (mine was pretty shitty) and how difficult the university/college you are going to attend, it can be a huge leap.

I started out at a very highly regarded American university, and it was hard as balls. I could not believe how intense it was compared to my HS experience of never studying, doing whatever I wanted and still making perfect grades, etc...

But it was fun, and seeing all the people who had never had the chance to live a little and have fun go bonkers that first semester is hilarious.
I'd had my fair share of experience with all substances and the like so I was not overwhelmed with the freedom (and the weed sucked, I was so shocked that I was able to buy better bud in my little ass hometown or close to it compared to a vastly more populated area) but a lot of people, very intelligent people who could have succeeded at the school if they had not gone overboard indulging in the new freedoms, washed out early.

I did not graduate, so I couldn't tell you about all that, but the first two years were super fun but also super intense at times.

Your first week of University/College you will realize that high school was nothing but a huge joke...it's kind of sad actually

Social life depends on you. Its not hard to meet people, if you want. Its also not hard to remain relatively invisible

Post a pic of yourself and we will have a better gauge to determine the tail getting by.

Which university are you going to?

Social life can be crazy at all of them, but of course some universities are know more for their party atmosphere

Otherwise it's probably one of those "it is what you make it" situations. You can't fuck around as much as you could in HS, in my experience, and you are solely responsible for your academic direction/progress so best be responsible.

I did a CS degree and was just happy to get the hell out the other end after 5 years. Never going back.

I was far from an ExplosiveAthlete lol, but I did attend school on an athletic scholarship, and all it did was add a lot more pressure and stress. I was not a highly recruited, 5* blue chip athlete who expected special treatment, but I thought maybe they would make the first semester easier on the incoming freshman, hell no. Even the most highly recruited ball players had to get their asses in gear and do the work. I saw a guy that could have went to play anywhere he wanted get thrown out of school, nothing serious like sexual assault but he did something very stupid and as much as the coaches may have wanted him to stay, he was forced to leave. I felt bad for the kid, he was not a bad kid and was genuinely remorseful for what he did, but it is what it is.

EDIT--Some advice: NEVER PLAGIARIZE or cheat. It is very easy for professors to catch people who plagiarize and cheat nowadays with the database and such, and if you get caught, you are usually expelled for the first offense.

I was far from an ExplosiveAthlete lol, but I did attend school on an athletic scholarship, and all it did was add a lot more pressure and stress. I was not a highly recruited, 5* blue chip athlete who expected special treatment, but I thought maybe they would make the first semester easier on the incoming freshman, hell no. Even the most highly recruited ball players had to get their asses in gear and do the work. I saw a guy that could have went to play anywhere he wanted get thrown out of school, nothing serious like sexual assault but he did something very stupid and as much as the coaches may have wanted him to stay, he was forced to leave. I felt bad for the kid, he was not a bad kid and was genuinely remorseful for what he did, but it is what it is.

It must have been pretty serious if you can't name, on the internet, what this completely anonymous (fictional) person did.

I was a transfer student, meaning community college for a couple years then I went to UCLA. Honestly, at least for me, the first quarter was a bit tricky, I worked harder than I had ever in my academic career but after the second and third quarter, I coasted and kicked ass. Back in community college, it would take me a week or so to write a a 4-5 page paper, but I adjusted quickly and learned to write 10 pages within a day. I enjoyed the late days, studying till 3-4, working on projects, I don't know it became a rush. At times, you told yourself, how will I ever get this done, but always managing to do it, it was great.

Outside of academics itself, college was fun, really fun. I didn't do the dorm parties or anything, I was busy partying in Hollywood which was 100x better than anything the school could offer. Once and a while, I would take a step back and enjoy the school for it's prestige and beauty. It became an honor calling yourself Bruin!

P.S. OP, what university will you be attending?

2087_ucla_bruins-alternate-2004.png

There's a lot of double x chromosomes everywhere

Itz Tru hs is a joke.

in Canada you do not need good grades to get in college and university. you can wait to apply as an adult and you're pretty much guaranteed to get in if you can afford it.

I failed like 15 classes in high school. Maybe had 2 classes where i got 70%, 1 80%, the rest 50s and 60s. I was also expelled.

I got in to one if the best colleges in the country for business anyways. Lol

Back