what is the difference between WSB4SB and a body builder routine

Hendersonfan119

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am not trying to troll but I see a lot of similarities between WSB4SB and a body builder program. I am not saying that WSB4SB doesnt help functional strength, I am just wondering how come it does yet a BB routine doesnt.

I am not trying to troll but I see a lot of similarities between WSB4SB and a body builder program. I am not saying that WSB4SB doesnt help functional strength, I am just wondering how come it does yet a BB routine doesnt.

Why do you think it is similar to a "bodybuilder" program?

There are many exercises with high reps and low weight. I see that in many BB programs.

There are many exercises with high reps and low weight. I see that in many BB programs.

Any good powerlifting or bodybuilding program will have a lot of similarities. You will squat, bench and deadlift with heavy weight.

What distinguishes a program will be whether it's emphasis is on max strength or muscle hypertrophy. WSFSB is a hybrid program. Defranco wants to get an athlete bigger and stronger.

Put a BB routine up next to it and there arent that many similarities. BB routines generally are 1-2 muscles groups a session within the hypertrophy range of 8-15 reps. Although WS4SB uses this rep range on the assistance exercises the main upper/lower body lifts are high weight/low reps.

I enjoyed it but found that only my bench improved and my squat/DL didnt, its aimed at beginners and is a good starting point but I think in hindsight SS would have been a better start cos you cannot beat squatting and DL'ing often (with good form!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back