• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies What is the best vampire movie of all time?

Best:

1.) Interview With a Vampire
2.) The Lost Boys
3.) Fright Night
4.) 30 Days of Night
5.) From Dusk 'Til Dawn

Favorite:

1.) The Lost Boys
2.) Interview With a Vampire
3.) 30 Days of Night
4.) Fright Night
5.) From Dusk 'Til Dawn

Blade and then a huge drop to 2nd place.

From Dusk til Dawn was cute and clever in the 90's but it doesn't quite hold up for me personally. I think Rob Rodriguez jumped the shark after Salma Hayek tbh. It felt like him and Quentin wanted a 3 hour epic and the studio made him cut out a chunk. The viewer goes from a slow calculated burn in the first 45 min, to fuck it who cares, we got Tom Savini and his dick pistol to get to.

I've heard Joe Rogan talk about Blade so many times. It has to be one of his favorite movies

Blade is the baddest vampire. He killed Dracula

The Predator vampire boss was stronger than Dracula and Blade took him out

Who can beat Blade? He would beat Deadpool

I've heard Joe Rogan talk about Blade so many times. It has to be one of his favorite movies

Blade is the baddest vampire. He killed Dracula

The Predator vampire boss was stronger than Dracula and Blade took him out

Who can beat Blade? He would beat Deadpool

Which fictional character with ambiguous powers could beat another fictional character with ambiguous powers?

Batman……with prep time.

Which fictional character with ambiguous powers could beat another fictional character with ambiguous powers?

Batman……with prep time.
I can tell you don't have any friends in real life

And no, Batman isn't beating Blade. He is basically a vampire version of Batman

Go be lame somewhere else

Gotta be From dusk till dawn. 1996. Right?

From the typical gangsta flick to the absolute chaos with the vampires. This is the GOAT. And George Clooneys best performance.

uBoQytp3KTQFaVqTe6d0ECGaKh9.jpg

Do you know what low profile is not ?

I love that movie. Clooney is a quote machine through the whole thing

The OG Dracula from 1931
The Fearless Vampire Killers (one of my favorite Polanski films)
Dracula AD 1972 (One of the better ones in the Hammer franchise imo)
Near Dark (R.I.P. Bill Paxton)

Gotta be From dusk till dawn. 1996. Right?

From the typical gangsta flick to the absolute chaos with the vampires. This is the GOAT. And George Clooneys best performance.

uBoQytp3KTQFaVqTe6d0ECGaKh9.jpg

Wrong. For the exact reason you said. Starts as a cops and robbers movie then drastically changes tone to end as a vampire movie. I loved it, but that type of bait and switch isn’t going to work for a lot of people.

Most vampire movies are trash, so this one is up there among the best. I enjoyed 30 Days of Night. At least it stands out to me because I steamed it a few weeks ago and remember enjoying it.

Good Film: Let The Right One In
Funny: What We Do in the Shadows
Fun popcorn movie: 30 Days of Night or Lost Boys

My issue with 30 Days of Night is that to me it seemed to be one of those "Don't think too hard" movies. If you just want to sit back and blast out a couple of hours in your chair, sure, but it's not a movie I'll watch a second time.

Some decent picks in here but Interview with the Vampire is probably the best modern one. But all time? That has to be Nosferatu, released 102 years ago in 1922:

nosferatu-horror.gif

The plot, costumes and production quality are absolutely amazing for its time or any time. And the tone is creepy AF and makes it clear that big bad Nosferatu is f'n to get medieval on your ass.

Last edited:
Some decent picks in here but Interview with the Vampire is probably the best modern one. But all time? That has to be Nosferatu, released 102 years ago in 1922:

The plot, costumes and production quality are absolutely amazing for its time. And the tone is creepy AF and makes it very clear that big bad Nosferatu is about to get medieval on yo' ass.

“For it’s time.”

Lots of interesting stuff from those days, but let’s be honest, they tend to be films to be appreciated more than enjoyed.

I got into a weird habit of watching Metroplolis from the 1920s when drunk at 3 am. No idea why.

Back