What is the best MMA camp right now?

conor fans cant have it both ways. they call conor thegoat when he become the champ champ but now that he been stripped stripped say the belts mean nothing.
Do you deny he was champ in two divisions? I mean he did have two belts, and he didn't beat a real estate agent to get them lol

I was clearly joking when I said khabib wasn't champ you nitwit

Do you deny he was champ in two divisions? I mean he did have two belts, and he didn't beat a real estate agent to get them lol

I was clearly joking when I said khabib wasn't champ you nitwit

khabib cant help that tony lose to a power cord days before the fight was to happen.

AKA is a good camp, but I really think it is because it is in a heavily populated area and in California. It is an old camp and produced a few good fighters, then they really took off when Cain and DC hooked up and started training. That then attracted a guy like Rockhold to stay, who was already supremely talented, and the level of sparring upped his experience, but they have yet to hand craft anyone from the ground up. Khabib is like Ronda: complete crafted by his parent. Khabib would almost certainly be still where he is today, and tho people point to Tibau, he was only like 21 at that time and surely would have progressed either way.

Fighters create their own luck and do it via hard work and some help from genetics. This is why we see this trend of new top guys essentially doing make shift camps and being all over the place. There is no doubt that iron sharpens iron, that team camaraderie can strengthen a fighters resolve, but Max, Conor, Knuckles, Stipe, MM, TJ and other top non big team fighters prove teams are over rated.

conor fans cant have it both ways. they call conor thegoat when he become the champ champ but now that he been stripped stripped say the belts mean nothing.
Conor getting a direct crack at 55 proves the belt isn't what it used to be. A fighter had to fight his way up, beat the best of the best, be vetted thru a tournament like system and that is when they received a shot. Now, a local grade TUF winner got then belt for beating a bunch of women that should not even be top twenty ranked and a guy that has not won a fight in eight years is receiving a shot at the most prestigious heavyweight belt.

AKA by a mile, then ATT.

I feel like TJ's team is ok, as well as Tristar, King's MMA, Evolve MMA and Nova Uniao. I like Cejudo's team a lot too.

Jackson is on the downside. SBG is a joke. Matt Hume has nobody except mighty mouse.

And Roufusport is super overrated, as well as Mark Henry's team.

Conor getting a direct crack at 55 proves the belt isn't what it used to be. A fighter had to fight his way up, beat the best of the best, be vetted thru a tournament like system and that is when they received a shot. Now, a local grade TUF winner got then belt for beating a bunch of women that should not even be top twenty ranked and a guy that has not won a fight in eight years is receiving a shot at the most prestigious heavyweight belt.

nicco was like Carla they both were never the best women at the time tuf was over after woman moved down after the class was started.

watch if conor wins at 229 conor fans boys will start yelling he the goat cause he a 2 time 2 class champ and if khabib loses they say conor has ring rust,.

You forgot about ATT who has the welterweight champion of the world Colby Covington

nicco was like Carla they both were never the best women at the time tuf was over after woman moved down after the class was started.

watch if conor wins at 229 conor fans boys will start yelling he the goat cause he a 2 time 2 class champ and if khabib loses they say conor has ring rust,.
Thats true, tho Id argue Carla had a much better claim at being the best than Nicco. There was a large enough divide between 35-15 that there was not really any women moving down from 35 to 15. We still had no idea how good Joanna was and it was assumed that Carla was probably near the top 3-5 in the division. Id be surprised if Nicco is top 20 in the next two years, when the division pans out with the like of some 35'ers and 15'ers.

If Conor beats Nurmy, I'll be willing to admit he likely is the best 55'er, but that is just owing to how highly I value Nurmy. There is a reason this will be his first MMA fight in ages where he is not the favorite. I won't be willing to say GOAT but I'll say best atm, tho Id like to see him beat Tony and some other guys. Im not holding my breath tho as I expect him to bounce again, especially with his tumultuous UFC relationship.

Thats true, tho Id argue Carla had a much better claim at being the best than Nicco. There was a large enough divide between 35-15 that there was not really any women moving down from 35 to 15. We still had no idea how good Joanna was and it was assumed that Carla was probably near the top 3-5 in the division. Id be surprised if Nicco is top 20 in the next two years, when the division pans out with the like of some 35'ers and 15'ers.

If Conor beats Nurmy, I'll be willing to admit he likely is the best 55'er, but that is just owing to how highly I value Nurmy. There is a reason this will be his first MMA fight in ages where he is not the favorite. I won't be willing to say GOAT but I'll say best atm, tho Id like to see him beat Tony and some other guys. Im not holding my breath tho as I expect him to bounce again, especially with his tumultuous UFC relationship.

well nicco was never one ufc wanted to win. roxy and barb were the top 2 seeds for a reason/.

there arent really any camps that teach mma fundamentals they just recruit athletes with combat sports background and then show them how to throw a punch / defend a takedown
the closest thing to a real mma training system would be DJs or Khabibs camps.

I'd say ATT does a decent job with fundamentals. Every fighter who goes there has shown improvements in footwork, knowing how to use a jab, and the basic foundational stuff. Arlovski was at every major camp and never learned how to throw his left hand or circle off the fence, but since joining ATT he's learned how to do both. Amanda Nunes was a wild brawler pre-ATT but now she's one of the better technical strikers on the women's side.

Still, I agree that a smaller more specialized camp is the way to go.

ATT.

Current or former UFC champs training there now: Nunes, Colby, Joanna, JDS, Arlovski, Barao. When Lawler won the belt and defended he was training there. Woodley came up there, but doesn’t train there anymore.

Contenders currently training there: Moicano, Poirier, Shoeface, Pedro Munhoz, Ponz, Masvidal, Kayla Harrison, Rani Yahya, Greg Hardy, Edson Barboza...the list goes on.

Back