What is next for Tenshin?

• Thread starter Deleted member 363827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 363827

Short term
After this embarrassment (let's be honest, this is the worst case scenario for Tenshin), I suppose a logical route is to give him a can to crush to rebuild his confidence, but he is scheduled to fight in the Rise World Series tournament filled with fighters that have given him hell be it Suakim or Rodtang.

So I guess the promoter will give him the easiest fight in the tournament (random champ from Europe).

Long term
His boxing career path is kind of death at this point. His original plan was to continue kickboxing, while kickstarting his boxing career in the US (The commission in Japan does not allow you to do both in Japan simultaneously). Well, I guess he is going to continue kickboxing, while moonlighting as a mma fighter.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone and hopefully 2019 will be a much better year for kickboxing fans than 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think his boxing career is dead, he wont be fighting 150lb fighters in boxing, he will be fighting 125lb fighters

I agree the next move for him is to enter the RISE tournament, not sure if its 8 man or 16, and work from there

I dont think his boxing career is dead, he wont be fighting 150lb fighters in boxing, he will be fighting 125lb fighters

I agree the next move for him is to enter the RISE tournament, not sure if its 8 man or 16, and work from there

He would need to give up kickboxing and mma to pursue boxing in Japan. JBC is notoriously rigid. He would not be fasttracked like Lomachenko or even Inoue due to the lack of boxing credentials, so he would need an American promoter to build him up slowly, but that would not make sense financially for both of them.

He must challenge PBF to a KB match. It is only fair. Honor must be restored. I hope I dont hear about Tenshin suicide.

He would need to give up kickboxing and mma to pursue boxing in Japan. JBC is notoriously rigid. He would not be fasttracked like Lomachenko or even Inoue due to the lack of boxing credentials, so he would need an American promoter to build him up slowly, but that would not make sense financially for both of them.
Yeah I think the licensing exclusivity will rule out boxing for the time being

Did he fight anybody ranked top 10 in the world in the weight class?

I don't think this exhibition will affect his future in any way.

btw what do you guys think about it being fixed? This is all people are talking about in mma and boxing forums.

Can he not just carry on in Kickboxing? I don't see any embarrassment in his loss to Floyd, given he's no pro boxer.

Short term
After this embarrassment (let's be honest, this is the worst case scenario for Tenshin), I suppose a logical route is to give him a can to crush to rebuild his confidence, but he is scheduled to fight in the Rise World Series tournament filled with fighters that have given him hell be it Suakim or Rodtang.

So I guess the promoter will give him the easiest fight in the tournament (random champ from Europe).

Long term
His boxing career path is kind of death at this point. His original plan was to continue kickboxing, while kickstarting his boxing career in the US (The commission in Japan does not allow you to do both in Japan simultaneously). Well, I guess he is going to continue kickboxing, while moonlighting as a mma fighter.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone and hopefully 2019 will be a much better year for kickboxing fans than 2018.

Throwing in the towel saved him from any permanent physical or emotional damage. He'll get over it once he realizes he was facing the GOAT who was also a much bigger guy than him.

Tenshin is more popular now than ever. He was going to lose eventually anyway might as well be a non recorded bout against arguably the greatest boxer of all time. He should continue to kickbox and easy MMA fights

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't calling it a fix. Fight looked stupid fake to me

I may suggest
2299373-12_o_bob_sapp_ko.jpg

or
image_readtop_2017_455466_14993671322947628.jpg

full klckboixng rules. and forget about professional boxing unless he trains only in boxing with an elite trainer.

Can he not just carry on in Kickboxing? I don't see any embarrassment in his loss to Floyd, given he's no pro boxer.

This. He'll carry on being what he was two months ago before all this nonsense.

This was a terrible and rushed plan to try and make Tenshin the face for a potential kakutogi boom 2.0.

I don't think this exhibition will affect his future in any way.

btw what do you guys think about it being fixed? This is all people are talking about in mma and boxing forums.

People who believe this either are marks who bought way too much into the Tenshin hype, or people who don't understand why there are weight classes.

What do people expect to happen when an ATG welterweight hits a featherweight... a featherweight who has never even fought boxing. Hell, I'm surprised Tenshin got up from the second knock down, that was a hard shot.

If this "fight" was to be fixed it would be all 9 minutes with Tenshin having a few moments to captivate the public. They ain't fixing it for their star to be ruined in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
Back