What is next for Rafael Dos Pollos?

He could pull of an Aldo and come down a weightclass again, but lightweight is full of killers right now, maybe featherweight but that would be crazy, he could do it, maybe? With a year long weighloss, but the dude ain't getting younger, but he would be top5 for sure. Crazy talk tho

But but hed be champ if they was a 165 division!

RDA ranking at welterweight was vastly overrated. Magney was never a solid top 5, and Lawler is a finished men since woodley destroyed him.
He took Colby to war and they had a back and forth fight. I do think that fight sucked the championship drive out of him and Usman crushed the rest. His win over Lee and battle with Edwards were not the same RDA we seen in the Colby fight

He lost to a journeyman in Chiesa who got knocked down by pillowfists Bellator Pettis

its obvious he is not the brazilian all natural fighting machine he used to be

perhaps RDA vs Mike Perry for loser leaves the town?
He's just way too small for 170. He's a 155 lber for sure. I don't think he would fare well against Khabib, but he could for sure be a higher ranked guy at 155.

Huge RDA fan but it's shitty because he's got no effective striking off the back foot and his wrestling defence is looking a lot weaker. Even in his fight with Kevin Lee RDA looked a step down from what he usually does and the pace he usually sets.

I'd like to see him focus more on kicking again and start digging in that switch kick to the body like he used to. Plus a cut down to LW

He took Colby to war and they had a back and forth fight. I do think that fight sucked the championship drive out of him and Usman crushed the rest. His win over Lee and battle with Edwards were not the same RDA we seen in the Colby fight

the fight vs colby was a very competitive one and even vs usman he didn´t looked bad, im saying that his wins are simply overrated and not worth of a top 5 ranking for so long. Magny was never legit top 5 and lawler since the woodley fight is a shadow of his former self.

Id love to see him fight Poirier at 155 or 165

I did not expect the loss to michael -- he looked uninterested in that fight.

However, at 170 he has fought much bigger and life long WW

Edwards
Lee(155lber at 170)
Usman
Cuddleton
Lawler

Pretty much all the top guys at 170lbs and was not really beaten up or hurt - just blanketed and held down (outside of the Lawler fight).

RDA can't stop a takedown.
He needs to learn how to defensive wrestle but that's not happening at this point in his career so he just needs to be matched up with fighters who can't or won't take him down.

I thought he left his gloves in the octagon after the chiesa loss. Couldn't watch the fight but read that somewhere. Good for chiesa, he must have finally used his reach well, beating rda is a very nice feather

Back