What is Jacare doing in this pic?

Jacare translates to alligator in portugese... and thats his alligator crawl... he does it when he wins

"It came", literally translated.

in 03' Saulo beat him and then did the alligator crawl.

Gsoares said:
whats Veio mean in portugese?

A student who doesn't even know his teacher's name? Just kidding. Are you a student of Eduardo de Lima? Veio means old.

tudor_bjj said:
http://www.mma-fighter.com/gallery/ADCC_5_29_2005_Images/IMG_7972
It's from this year's ADCC? Does anyone have a clue? What is he trying to imitate? It's his way of celebration?
IMG_7972.sized.jpg

the crawl is then followed by him using his arms to imitate an alligator's jaws snapping shut.

Can someone explain the guard pass that Jacare used in the past adcc? I heard he was opening people's guards in mere seconds.

sakufan said:
A student who doesn't even know his teacher's name? Just kidding. Are you a student of Eduardo de Lima? Veio means old.

No one at the school calls him that, he doesnt call him self that. But ive seen his name written like that.

So now i got 3 names..

One guys saying it means "old" on guy saying it mean "it came" and then online dictionary saying it means "axle" good stuff

Eduardo's always told me "Veio" means something like "buddy".

I had to look it up, not familiar with veio. It has to do with mining and geology, but of course there is lots of slang I am still picking up. The word for old is velho, not veio. And I am not familiar with any conjugation that ends up with veio.

so now we got 4 names... perfect.
translations can be a bitch eh?

Brandinho said:
I had to look it up, not familiar with veio. It has to do with mining and geology, but of course there is lots of slang I am still picking up. The word for old is velho, not veio. And I am not familiar with any conjugation that ends up with veio.

Maybe it's velho then? He started jiujitsu fairly late compared to the other guys at Barra, that is why they call him the old man.

infamous mattyd said:
I need me a portugese nickname. Preferable one that makes no sense.
mattydinho??? i never understood that "inho" stuff.

and saku i think u meant viejo which is spanish for old.

Back