• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is it like being old?

It wasn't really anything to do with spelling, i used the spelling mistake as a vehicle, but i understand what you are trying to say.

But I'm not sure wisdom has any correlation with the ability to spell correctly, I mean, some may have brain stuff going on that hinders correct spelling, but still remain wise.

To be honest sometimes I can't even spell or I misplace words like know/now etc .. that is just my brain being a biff.

Yeah I do the same thing, I believe we all do it sometimes and notice later on that we misspelled a word or used the wrong intended word. I believe it's cause our brains works so fast that our fingers get lost into what we really wanted to say, or something like that LOL. Cause I am sure you know the difference between Know and now but we still do it.

Nah fuck disregarding reality. That's for Bruce Jenner. And I guess people born after 2000?

Nothing wrong with be being old. Unless you are wasting your years that is...

I think the reality is people are living longer. With better diet, and medicine than previous years, people are trying to stay prime for a longer time.

A lot of people feel a decade is simply too short. Its like we get one decade, then have kids, waste away, die. No one wants that anymore.

This cool old New Yorker guy I worked with, was probably late 70s, told me that the worst part is that you accidentally sit on your balls from time to time!

For those 30 and older.

i mean no offense i look forward to it one day because hey at least living to see 30 and 40 or 50 is a blessing in many ways many our ancestor not know.
I still feel like I am 25. Play video games, etc

But I have less time than I used to with twin 5 year olds and a house.

Also, hangovers get worse every single year and you do not heal from simple bumps and bruises as fast.

Edit: I just turned 38

I'm 59 in a couple of months.

The joints in my finger hurt most of the time.

My back hurts most of the time.

I see school girls and think they look beautiful and think they didn't look that nice when i was at school. However they must of done, what i'm saying is, one notices that youth is beautiful and vibrant and happy. Youth is fantastic!

In my mind i feel much the same as i always have, i don't feel old. I often forget i'm this age, but then i see myself in a reflection and then realize what i now look like and it's sad.

My mind isn't really aging but my body is.

I don't care nearly as much about what others think of me like i did. I feel more free in that way.

I find today's music to be utter shit, because it is! It's all been done before but much better.

I do not find females of my age attractive.

10 pounds heavier than i should be and its gettin harder to keep off
bodys fallin apart too
but no balding

Ha, i used to laugh at older guys too, and bust their balls about older guy problems they'd complain about (aches and pains, shit like that.) Then one day i woke up and i was over 40 and had some of those older guy problems i used to laugh at. Enjoy it while you can, man. It seems old when you're 20, but then when you hit 40 you don't feel as old as you remember it seeming, minus the aches and pains and ear hair.

When I get my first gray hair on my pubes I'll get worried.

You are wrong about nothing mattering.. if nothing mattered you wouldn't be typing on the keyboard (that people were bothered to make) on the computer screen (people were bothered to create) communicating to people who are bothered about listening to each other.

You're mistaking perception of meaning for meaning.

it feels the same but w/o much of a social life. most are married and w/children at that age and the ones that aren't have friends who are in that category. i would say pretty fucking boring but u gotta make the best of it and try TO HAVE PURPOSE in life.

For those 30 and older.

i mean no offense i look forward to it one day because hey at least living to see 30 and 40 or 50 is a blessing in many ways many our ancestor not know.

I'm 35 and have really been enjoying my life. I looked at youngsters in their twenties and cringe how they act or think they know everything at such a young age.( I did this too lol)

I have more $ and no debt.

I have less patience for bullshit that is a waste of my time. I'm 40 so I realize more now than ever is that time is my most finite resource. I won't allow someone to waste it.

Man, I feel the same exact way.
All those years of compromising and tolerating things in relationships or family requests have made me realize I've wasted my fucking time.
If it's not serving your best interests, then it's a waste of time.
You gotta be selfish in order to keep what little power you have left over your own life before you die.

Last edited:
You're mistaking perception of meaning for meaning.

Yeah I agree, but it's easy to slighty blend matter and meaning .. I mean it's all about perception and interpretation anyway.

It's not so bad getting old, as long as you've accomplished at least a few things in life and have some good stories to tell. I'm pushing 50 and still have a lot left in the tank. You just tone it down a little, and even then, you appreciate it that much more. Quality over quantity.

I'm 33. My body aches at times but has since my early 20s. I'm starting to get greys in my facial hair.

I never was a partier besides the 15-18yr old stage and always was a home body. I miss the youth I had and the friends. I also miss being able to eat what I want without weight gain. Also, my parents time on earth is winding down and that sucks.

However, I'm happy to be alive and l know if you go by the average I have a long time left. I'm trying to be less pissed off and more relaxed. I think I have changed somewhat so that's a positive.

Live life.

Its harder to stay healthy. All that shit you used to be able to shrug off bites you in the ass.

Back