• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is it like being old?

I'm 30 and it still feels the same. What sucks is knowing that your parents are getting old too. Cherish every moment with them, and your loved ones. In your 20's for sure you will lose a lot of friends and people you thought would stick to you. In the end, your loved ones and family, they will still be there

At 41 I joke about being old but really I don't feel that old. The odd ache and pain but I had that as a teenager too. I guess if anything I'm tired earlier at night.
One thing is for sure at 38.. my sleep schedule is still fucked and I'm still a night owl. I can't fall asleep before midnight and can sleep in on the weekends like no other even though I get up at 7 during the week.

One thing is for sure at 38.. my sleep schedule is still fucked and I'm still a night owl. I can't fall asleep before midnight and can sleep in on the weekends like no other even though I get up at 7 during the week.
Until a few years ago I was still a night owl but recently I can't stay up that late anymore. Doesn't help I work weekends and there isn't much fun to stay up for on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Honestly I found that's one of the best things about getting older, I used to be a boarderline insomniac where as these days I can generally get to sleep within 15 mins of going to bed.

I’ve begun to do those infamous “old man’s moan” whenever I get out of a car or couch!
You can get out of a couch?

I find the older I get thee more I hate people and find them vile and evil. Yeah people suck.
giphy.gif
though and cats.

But fuck people
Fixed.

It's liberating. People respect you more, and you can be more confident. All you have to do is avoid being fat and every lady over 30 thinks you're hot.

On the other hand, you've been walking around living in the same brain for several decades. I wish I could change the experience and way of thinking sometimes. Oh well. Booze.

Age is just a number, for people who have lots of number on their bank account.

i'm the same as far as being a night-owl. i honestly have almost as much energy today as i did in my twenties. i love life too much almost. i try enjoying as much of each day as i can, but then regret it the next morning getting up for work lol.

Until a few years ago I was still a night owl but recently I can't stay up that late anymore. Doesn't help I work weekends and there isn't much fun to stay up for on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Part of my problem is that I go to the gym after work during the week. Probably doesn't help me wind down when I'm working out at 7 pm

Tell me what was the Irony of his comment? I bet you dont know. Lets do this!!

Ok ... OLD .. thats the thread topic.. you with me so far? I miss spelt a word about being better at interpreting reality .. but yet i was wrong and i fucked up the explanation.. meaning im not really better at all because im old and shit .. i just think i am ..

Ok ... OLD .. thats the thread topic.. you with me so far? I miss spelt a word about being better at interpreting reality .. but yet i was wrong and i fucked up the explanation.. meaning im not really better at all because im old and shit .. i just think i am ..

Okay, I get it now but that saying about the older you get the wiser you get shouldnt be admissible for idiots who have always been shitty at spelling. I find when you are bad as spelling when you are old, a very large majority or nearly all dont care about learning.

FYI Not saying this is you, since obviously it's not you.

I still have most of my strength, I guess because I used gear for a while. I have less patience for bullshit that is a waste of my time. I'm 40 so I realize more now than ever is that time is my most finite resource. I won't allow someone to waste it.

Okay, I get it now but that saying about the older you get the wiser you get shouldnt be admissible for idiots who have always been shitty at spelling. I find when you are bad as spelling when you are old, a very large majority or nearly all dont care about learning.

FYI Not saying this is you, since obviously it's not you.

It wasn't really anything to do with spelling, i used the spelling mistake as a vehicle, but i understand what you are trying to say.

But I'm not sure wisdom has any correlation with the ability to spell correctly, I mean, some may have brain stuff going on that hinders correct spelling, but still remain wise.

To be honest sometimes I can't even spell or I misplace words like know/now etc .. that is just my brain being a biff.

Last edited:
Not sure what's worse, someone thinking 30 is old or people in their early 30s acting like the ARE old.

Seriously! Unless you're 12 or something , how is 30 considered in any way " old" ?

TS is probably like 22 ! " What's life gonna be like when I'm ancient in 8 whole years ......derp? "

As someone closing on 40 even I feel borderline about the validity of bitching about it. On the spectrum of healthy to old and infirm you can still be kicking ass at 40 if you haven't gone the I'm gonna ignore diet and exercise for my 30s route ......which lots of people do btw.

Back