What is currently your favorite division?

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
What weight class is currently your favorite to watch?

Here are my favorite to least favorite.

155: Khabib, Conor, Tony, Lee, Barboza, Poirier
145: Max, Ortega, Edgar, Moicano, Aldo, Mendes
135: TJ, Cody, Cruz, Moraes, Assuncao, Rivera
170: Woodley, Colby, Till, Thompson, RDA, Usman
185: Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Gastelum, Jacare
265: DC, Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou, Volkov, Lewis
205: DC, Gus, Volkan, Latifi, Blachowicz, Manuwa
125: Cejudo, DJ, Pettis, Joe B, Borg, Formiga, Reis

135-155 have always been my favorite, they have depth, and the best guys usually fight the best contenders. 170-185 are solid, but average. 205 and 265 have very little depth right now, exciting fights, but you can get a title shot on 2-3 wins in those divisions. 125 is the weakest, as DJ and Cejudo are tiers above the rest of the division.

What is your favorite weight class?

Lightweight, Welterweight & Middleweight

265, 205, 185, 145, 170, 155, WMMA 135. WMMA 115. Hard pass currently on 135, 125, WMMA 125, WMMA 145.

Atomweight and the super heavyweight divisions are pretty stacked.

I love HW now and forever, but currently MW is where it's at. LHW is a ghost town, WW is full of donks, LW is a cluster, FW is in limbo, and none of the other divisions matter.

My ranking: 155, 185, 145, 205, 135, 170, 265, 125

Kinda surprised that LHW is still that high for me. But I'd honestly watch their top 5 rather than Woodley, Thompson or all these sloppy HW's.

Always HW

There are some great and entertaining fights at lower weight classes but HW is where it is at.

Whatching a HW fight and knowing that there may only be a small handful of people on the planet that can beat those two men is amazing.

I am far less impressed with a "champion" at, say, 135 lbs because there could be a million people on the planet who could beat him.

Heavyweight

Most prestigious with fight ending power

NL East
HW

There's nothing like a heavyweight fight. Always has been that way, always will be that way.

155... now add Mcgregor vs Khabib. Plus Ferguson and a Diaz return. Hard not to get pumped for most of the fights in the division.

Always HW

There are some great and entertaining fights at lower weight classes but HW is where it is at.

Whatching a HW fight and knowing that there may only be a small handful of people on the planet that can beat those two men is amazing.

I am far less impressed with a "champion" at, say, 135 lbs because there could be a million people on the planet who could beat him.

That is all HW really has going for it though, the idea that they are probably the best fighters in the world (although Stipe didn't even prove that against DC).

Talent pool wise its probably the weakest and it feels like too much of a crapshoot, whoever makes the first mistake gets KOed. Not saying its pure luck but the luck factor is higher when there is less margin for error which is why title reigns tend to be very short.

Anyway its LW for me by a big margin.

If we're talking about just the top 15 fighters
Favorite to least
BW
MW
LW
WW
FW
HW
FLW
WSW
LHW
WBW
WFLW
WFW- I forgot that was even a thing.

LW. All the best talent is at lightweight. You can go back as far as you want and there has always been a logjam for a title shot at lw, because there are so many skilled guys there.

Back