What is currently your favorite division?

Featherweight
Lightweight
W. Strawweight
Welterweight
Bantamweight
Middleweight
Heavyweight
W. Flyweight
Light Heavyweight
Flyweight
W. Bantamweight
Cyborgweight

155 easy. No other division comes close. 170 has a lot of talent, but most of them are boring as fuck to watch. 145 and 135 are entertaining, but lack depth. Still, those divisions are easily in the top 4.

Then, probably HW. It's shallow, and has a lot of shitty fights, but it's always HW.

My old favorites 185 and 215 have become something sad, really. Aging stars, no real exciting prospects, really shallow divisions.

Then 125, then the WMMA divisions actually in the order of 115, 125, 135 and 145. But I have a feeling 125 might at some point surpass 115.

thats over...it's just the most compelling fights I care about. Weidman Rockhold II is the best fight on the docket as of now

BW and FW are currently the best imo. Very exciting fights. Dynamic and high finishing rate. TJ and Max are two of my favorite fighters, along with DC.

If Middleweight could get healthy ....

WW. No easy fights in the top 15.
This is very true. As far as level of competition goes, WW would get my vote as well. But goddam if those top fights don't prove to be the most boring of any division. What looks good on paper just falls apart when they actually start fighting.

It pretty much always stays the same. 145/155/170 followed by 125/135/185 followed by 205/265 followed very remotely by women's divisions.

Your average guy would fight at 145/155 so that's where most of the talent pool is and they're usually the most stacked, exciting divisions. The remaining divisions follow in order, except 125 which I just like because of the level of activity and skill guys that size are capable of. 205 and 265 are super fun too because of the size and power, but generally there are only a few guys who really have the skill and cardio to make me as excited about watching. There are a lot of piss poor fights at those weight classes where guys are slow and gas. But I love MMA because of the variety of ways people fight at different weight classes, so ultimately, I love them all (except women fights, those are very rarely worth watching at this point.)

What weight class is currently your favorite to watch?

Here are my favorite to least favorite.

155: Khabib, Conor, Tony, Lee, Barboza, Poirier
145: Max, Ortega, Edgar, Moicano, Aldo, Mendes
135: TJ, Cody, Cruz, Moraes, Assuncao, Rivera
170: Woodley, Colby, Till, Thompson, RDA, Usman
185: Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Gastelum, Jacare
265: DC, Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou, Volkov, Lewis
205: DC, Gus, Volkan, Latifi, Blachowicz, Manuwa
125: Cejudo, DJ, Pettis, Joe B, Borg, Formiga, Reis

135-155 have always been my favorite, they have depth, and the best guys usually fight the best contenders. 170-185 are solid, but average. 205 and 265 have very little depth right now, exciting fights, but you can get a title shot on 2-3 wins in those divisions. 125 is the weakest, as DJ and Cejudo are tiers above the rest of the division.

What is your favorite weight class?

LW till I die

What weight class is currently your favorite to watch?

Here are my favorite to least favorite.

155: Khabib, Conor, Tony, Lee, Barboza, Poirier
145: Max, Ortega, Edgar, Moicano, Aldo, Mendes
135: TJ, Cody, Cruz, Moraes, Assuncao, Rivera
170: Woodley, Colby, Till, Thompson, RDA, Usman
185: Whittaker, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, Gastelum, Jacare
265: DC, Stipe, Blaydes, Ngannou, Volkov, Lewis
205: DC, Gus, Volkan, Latifi, Blachowicz, Manuwa
125: Cejudo, DJ, Pettis, Joe B, Borg, Formiga, Reis

135-155 have always been my favorite, they have depth, and the best guys usually fight the best contenders. 170-185 are solid, but average. 205 and 265 have very little depth right now, exciting fights, but you can get a title shot on 2-3 wins in those divisions. 125 is the weakest, as DJ and Cejudo are tiers above the rest of the division.

What is your favorite weight class?
155: Khabib, Poirier, Gillespie, Vick, Makhachev
145: Max, Ortega, Mendes, Moicano, Zabit
135: TJ, Cody, Moraes, Cruz, Munhoz
170: Woodley, Till, Usman, Millender, Ponzinibbio
185: Whittaker, Romero, Adesanya, Costa, Carlos Jr
265: DC, Stipe, Tuivasa, Volkov, Blaydes
205: Luke, Gus, Volkan, Smith, Latifi
125: Cejudo, DJ, Ortiz, Formiga, Pettis

For me, 125-170 and Women's 115 are the weight classes I like the most: 135, 155, 145, 125, 170, W115.. in that order. Then 205, 185, W145, HW, W135, and W125 after.

Back