What is best in life?

ClinicalRabbit

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hello all, i've decided i'm going to track my journey of conditioning and whatever goals i desire. but before i get into that here's a bit of background info.

I played football(soccer) at a semi professional level and trained with a premier league academy from the age of 9, but decided to leave at 16 due to wanting an education instead of relying on a career that may never truely take off. I'm now 20 years old and have suffered with knee tendonitis for years, but most recently i've been diagnosed with arthritis in my left knee due to either A. shit genetics, or B. taking one to many dodgy tackles to it. So as you can tell my knees are the bane of my existance.

As of tomorrow i'm getting my shit together, fuck knees. I want to work solely on conditioning myself using only my bodyweight as well as combining LISS and HITT around my college work and part time job. I'm quitting drinking and eating unhealthy food all together, i can survive without em. Obviously i understand how beneficial lifting is but for the moment i want to work on being able to run without being in any pain, or atleast less. I plan to look into starting strength once i've achieved this.

Short term goals - 3 month time period

Achieve a 5 mile run in under 40 minutes
Drop 20 - 30 pounds over 3 months using strict meal plans.
Increased flexibility, especially for the muscles that support my knee.
Be able to perform 50 bodyweight squats in one set pain free.
10 consecutive elevated hand stand push ups.
50 consecutive push ups.
20 consecutive pull ups.
20 full dips.
Hold back bridge for 3 minutes.
Hold the plank for 3 minutes
Do atleast 5 GHR

My height is also 6ft 4 and weight is roughly around 215lb.

I'll add whatever long term goals i have whenever i accomplish the short term ones. Anyways i'm drunk as fucks so i'll get you guys up to speed with my progress tomorrow.

"crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women"

If I were you with your bad knee, I would skip running altogether and substitute a different cardio exercise for it. At least do something else for a few months until you strengthen your knees a bit. Depending on your budget and where you live, you could:
-bicycle
-use a rowing machine
-swim
-jump rope (this might bug your knee, might not depending on how bad it is)
-XC ski

And Christmassy. Thank you EOW. EDIT: Shit I thought you put the hat on my AV somehow. Well done EOW, i might even have a look for a different one, let you have it since it was yours first.

lol , plenty of Mr Walnuts to go around.

Sad thing is that i know exactly which scene your new AV is from. It's when Tony tells a joke at the poker game and everybody laughs except Feech Lamana. Like i said - sad lol

lol , plenty of Mr Walnuts to go around.

Sad thing is that i know exactly which scene your new AV is from. It's when Tony tells a joke at the poker game and everybody laughs except Feech Lamana. Like i said - sad lol

Hahaha not at all bro, that was a great scene. I dunno Feech by name but from memory he was the old dude that came out of the can with a chip on his shoulder that kept telling ***gy stories. Can't remember what happened to him but I imagine it didn't end well.

Decided to scrap running for the first month or so in order to gain some basic strength and flexibility in my legs. So my training is knee friendly till then.

The following was done on soft grass.

25 minutes of skipping

Push ups: 10 sets of 10 reps.
Full dips: 5 sets of 5
Shitty attempt at explosive push ups, 5 sets of 5

Finished off with some abs work and stretching.

Fuck me i'm out of shape and it was only a short workout, taking a total of 45 minutes. Plus side is my knee didn't play up at all, may have to start skipping more on the grass in my front yard. Feels good to be training again, although after reading into starting strength i'm itching to try it. Looking forward to friday to get some leg work in. weightened or not, squats rule.

Back