What is Bellator doing?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why have they not yet announced an event for 2021? Is this some kind of German regional organisation? Absolutely laughable and pathetic.

Imagine trying to compete with the UFC when you can’t even tell your own fans when the first event of 2021 is. No doubt when it is announced it will be absolutely hideous too.

They're just being Bellator.

Is normal.

ImmenseFriendlyAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

I thought usman nyrmagomedov was debuting in jan

I would rather they regroup and put on safe, quality events than just pump out forgettable cards weekly.
Sadly, if history of Bellator has taught us anything we'll just get some unforgettable event mixed in once in a while a good event. In other words, same old same old.

I say it all the time but Bellators problems are glaring.

They have a good roster but put on paper thin cards full of regional fighters a lot of times. If they just put on like 12 shows a year and spaced them out they could have stacked cards

The announcing is absolutely atrocious. I used to like Goldie even though he is cheesy but him with Josh and Big John is beyond awful. They should replace them all.

The match making is questionable at best. Constantly matching up its top fighters with people in higher weight classes and you get a lot of elite guys fighting cans.

Basically they need to either get rid of Coker or hire a match maker to go along with Coker.

They have a good roster but put on paper thin cards full of regional fighters a lot of times. If they just put on like 12 shows a year and spaced them out they could have stacked cards

The announcing is absolutely atrocious. I used to like Goldie even though he is cheesy but him with Josh and Big John is beyond awful. They should replace them all.

The match making is questionable at best. Constantly matching up its top fighters with people in higher weight classes and you get a lot of elite guys fighting cans.

Basically they need to either get rid of Coker or hire a match maker to go along with Coker.

They have Rich Chou as the matchmaker.

He doesn't seem to be great though. Although to be fair during the pandemic they did book more competitively than they did before, it just didn't seem to result in many entertaining fights.

Overall, what do you all think is happening with Bellator? What is the main reason they havent announced fights? Fighters already know about the fights but what they havent been announced.

Overall, what do you all think is happening with Bellator? What is the main reason they havent announced fights? Fighters already know about the fights but what they havent been announced.

Basically because it's Bellator lol

Come to think of it they really should be running this weekend seeing as the UFC aren't.

Gonna have to make do with KSW, LFA and that new promotion with James Vick and co.

It seems he wants the fights moved to a different channel, probably holding out until the last minute to see if he can make anything happen there so he can shift the bigger fights to showtime?

Putting on 12 events a year would not make money. Platforms want content.

Back