What is Bellator doing?

It's possible, I do think you're putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5 though. It's not like Bellator have ever been known for being competent.
easily. i'm only speculating here. that's why i started with
crazy thought
so far we can only tell something weird is happening even by Bellator standards.

easily. i'm only speculating here. that's why i started with

so far we can only tell something weird is happening even by Bellator standards.
For sure. The long wait to get back up to speed, the immediate push that Chandler got from the UFC even though he came over as a non champion, the sudden decision to introduce him as a former Bellator champion, the overreaction to the Ben post which otherwise would have been quickly forgotten. Something is up-I don't think it's going to be business as usual going forward.

For sure. The long wait to get back up to speed, the immediate push that Chandler got from the UFC even though he came over as a non champion, the sudden decision to introduce him as a former Bellator champion, the overreaction to the Ben post which otherwise would have been quickly forgotten. Something is up-I don't think it's going to be business as usual going forward.
I think we might be reading too much into Coker/Bellator incompetence. Sure, the decision of the UFC to introduce him as a former Bellator champion is strange but it would be quickly forgotten if Bellator was up and running like normal. If there is something going on, and I think there is, I doubt it has to do with a UFC purchase. It is not to their convenience to swallow another organization, if anything, they would kind of want Bellator to have some type of success.

I am more inclined to believe that there is either a change of ownership or switch in management in the upper level. Things have been going extremely strange even by Bellator standards, so I do believe there is something going on. If nothing is going on and is business as usual then they have descended into another level of incompetence not seeing before.

All I'll say is it was very strange and out of the ordinary for the UFC to use the Bellator name a few times and even more so during Chandler's introduction.

Now is that WME/White thing now and realize it doesn't really matter and actually adds credibility to Chandler, who knows. I do know when the Ferts owned it they would rarely mention another orgs name and surely not during an introduction. I would tend to think more so they realize it helps add credibility to fighter than anything else, like them buying Bellator.

It would seem very reasonable to me to think that the "Bellator" account has been shifted to a different bunch of suits, and, their looking at it as a business proposition going forward, have decided to quit rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic...and the UFC knows this.

All I'll say is it was very strange and out of the ordinary for the UFC to use the Bellator name a few times and even more so during Chandler's introduction.

Now is that WME/White thing now and realize it doesn't really matter and actually adds credibility to Chandler, who knows. I do know when the Ferts owned it they would rarely mention another orgs name and surely not during an introduction. I would tend to think more so they realize it helps add credibility to fighter than anything else, like them buying Bellator.
You could be right about this and if that is their thinking, it's long overdue. The UFC never mentioning any other organization (that they didn't absorb) always came off as small time and petty-not exactly the image a billion dollar industry leader should look to have.

Hadn't thought of that, but it makes sense. If it turns out to be true, you will get another vote from me for the poster of the year award.

My completely out of left field prediction is that they're getting bought by a consortium headed by Ali Abdelaziz.
Could this be why he was so excited about Bellator in 2021?

I mean, he could be a better president than Coker, I think a lot of MMA figures would do a better job than Coker.

This last year you could tell Coker wasnt calling the shots anymore. Like the wave of decent signings, that ia very unlike Coker and it seemed a little out of the blue. He would also say one thing and then another happened, like the signing of Yoel. So, it kind of seemed like he was more of a figure head rather than the one pulling the strings. Hopefully, Espinoza brings someone else to head the company. Or if someone like Mark Cuban was involved and invested in the company and brought a more competent marketing and managent team. A change of management would be benefitial because they are turning into a shitshow.

Well we know they’re back Feb 26th for sure but if that’s the first card then we’re looking at Bellator like almost every other weekend for the rest of the year. I think ppl need to relax with the wild predictions. They’re not bought out or anything crazy, they just really shit the bed and won’t start until end of Feb this year. Which is ridiculous tbh. Total bush league.

Taking 2 1/2 months between events isnt good but they arent dead. They are just becoming profitable and are owned by a huge corporation.

They dont have dazn money anymore and they cant sell tickets so that was pretty much where almost all of their revenue was coming from. So im not suprised that theyve pretty much ceased operations.

No need for logical comments on Sherdog. We're spoiled and half brain dead fans.
100% agree the main issue with everyone is the lack of info. No media, no marketing, no nothing, just silence.

no dazn money + no gate money = almost no revenue which = cease of operations for the time being.

not rocket science.

Back