What internet provider/plan would you recommend?

Where I live it's Charter. They just boosted to 60Mbps without a raise in price. It's $30/mo for the 1st year, then I think they raise it to $55/mo. The bait and switch is a standard practice in the ISP world.

60 Mb/s Download
4 Mb/s Upload
250GB Data Cap

*Note that Mb/s is Megabits per second: 1 Megabit= 1/8 Megabyte

But are you paying for internet alone ? I have charter as well bundled with cable and pay way more

I wanted the internet service only but it wasn't an option

I have ATT U-Verse. I have no complaints. Internet & cable wrapped into one deal. Right now it's at $125/mo.

ATT sucks big time! I had it for about 3 years and I felt I would've gotten better service in prison

Uverse has 50mbps and no data cap.

Can you expand please?

I think it's around 75 dollars a month. It's actually 45mbps downstream and 6mbps upstream.
You could negotiate and get a better deal with a contract though.
Check if this speed is available in your area first.

ATT sucks big time! I had it for about 3 years and I felt I would've gotten better service in prison

You had a real slow Internet. Verizon is the best overall if I had to pick. I got Uverse because it was between that or shitty Comcast.

The service has been good so far. We got TV and phone too. HBO/Showtime, HD, multiroom DVRs. It's all about 160 a month.

You had a real slow Internet. Verizon is the best overall if I had to pick. I got Uverse because it was between that or shitty Comcast.

The service has been good so far. We got TV and phone too. HBO/Showtime, HD, multiroom DVRs. It's all about 160 a month.

It was also dial up, and before you reply, this was years back

I could do without the TV if there was a plan without it, but sounds like a sweet deal. Is there caps or the mb/mp like Mick said?

I think it's around 75 dollars a month. It's actually 45mbps downstream and 6mbps upstream.
You could negotiate and get a better deal with a contract though.
Check if this speed is available in your area first.

What are those? :redface:

I don't have a data cap. I read they have them on DSL. Uverse I believe they don't enforce it.

Think I'm paying around $35 a month for this through Century Link

I just switched from UVerse (which was complete shit) to TWC. I'm happy so far.

So I got 2 yes for Uverse, why do you oppose?

How is TWC better?

Uverse was slower than TWC. I also purchased their equipment and it ended up breaking after over a year. They didn't want to replace the equipment for free and wanted me to purchase new ones from them so I told them to kick rocks.

3543773011.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back