What if a UFC fighter was active on forums? (Sherdog, Reddit, 4chan, Etc)

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What if a UFC fighter was active on forums? (Sherdog, Reddit, 4chan, Etc)

Take Conor for example. Lets say he constantly posted on here, not just before fight, and people could easily communicate with him. Do you think this would hugely increase his marketability, since a lot of fight fans tend to go to these forums? If so, why haven't more fighters (besides Ronda) tapped into this free market?

No, this is a bitch site that complains about everything so no

like i see sherdog, it's full of insecure betches.

people here would probably fall over themselves to kiss their asses ( i am talking about the real big stars, not the cody mckenzies of ufc).

on reddit, a lot of them have been there, including ronda.

on 4chan, i am sure some of them are. hell, even taylor swift was discovered to regularly post there.

Several pro fighters have been posting on SD over the year.
Tank for one got banned.

Bisping was in a huge flame war with Diabate here.
Uncle Creepy post here from time to time.

Hammerfist of doom was here but got chased out by trolls and lost by forfeit.

You must be pretty naive to think that there aren't at least a few fighters lurking (and posting undercover) in this forums.

On top of that there are a couple non undercover fighters reading and posting ....

Many fighters post here under anonymous handles.

Dana White - Joe Silva - Rogan -- they all come here.

Dana was actually 99Silva.

Several pro fighters have been posting on SD over the year.
Tank for one got banned.

Bisping was in a huge flame war with Diabate here.
Uncle Creepy post here from time to time.

Hammerfist of doom was here but got chased out by trolls and lost by forfeit.

Baroni used to post here, too, but people are such assholes, it's why we can't have nice things on SD.

I'm Royce Gracie.

Was gonna drop that bomb shell later but screw it, I'll say it now.

Baroni used to post here, too, but people are such assholes, it's why we can't have nice things on SD.

There have been several actually over the years but Sherdog tends to be ass holes.
The weird thing is that pro fighters keep posting at the UG and they are actually much worse towards the fighters.

what if a ufc fighter was active on forums? (sherdog, reddit, 4chan, etc)

take conor for example. Lets say he constantly posted on here, not just before fight, and people could easily communicate with him. Do you think this would hugely increase his marketability, since a lot of fight fans tend to go to these forums? If so, why haven't more fighters (besides ronda) tapped into this free market?
. :)

Joe Lauzon is a Reddit regular of both r/bjj and r/mma and has been for years.

I remember not too long ago when Vinny Magalhaus was still in the UFC and he was posting here. He had called out a fighter on Twitter, I think Phil Davis, or maybe Perosh, not certain. Anyway, a thread comes up on the subject, he posts in the thread saying how he more or less has the right to talk shit because at the end of the days he actually will fight these guys. Sherdog trolls insult him, post gifs of him getting KO'd by Bader on TUF, tell him he sucks, thread gets deleted and Vinny never posts on Sherdog again... Imagine that.

First reply nailed it

Any fighter who came on would promptly leave. Being trolled by a bunch of insecure keyboard warriors?

Aint got no tam fo det

Okay im just gonna come out and admit it now.

Im Strange Brew

I'm not really Dan Hardy - I just use his picture as my avatar.

Back