What if a UFC fighter was active on forums? (Sherdog, Reddit, 4chan, Etc)

i am actually Junior dos Santos and i am unimpressed by Rondel Rousy's striking.

Baroni used to post here, too, but people are such assholes, it's why we can't have nice things on SD.

Yep - Bas Rutten, Tom Erixon back in the day. Gary Goodridge, too.

Throughout the years, they still show up from time to time - and we chase them off.

As for TS - no, I don't think it would increase popularity much - although, ni a cult sense (Alan Belcher) it has a bit in the past.

99% of a fighter's popularity comes from Zuffa's commercials and Rogan's commentary. If Rogan says Houston Alexander is a killer, Sherdog (which is more critical than the mainstream, believe it or not) will parrot it the next day. Machida Era? Yep, the next day. Sherdog is interesting because then you get the minority who speaks out against the machida Era, Ronda being the greatest athlete of all times, etc. and the muttonchoppers get irate, and then it escalates - hence, 90% of our threads, or more.

Anyways, if I was a fighter, I would probably check on here, get mad/disgusted, then say, "bunch of idiots, anyways" and not come on for a few months.... over and over and over.

White belt threads.

giphy.gif

Every once in a while Josh Barnett will post in the grappling forum.

First reply nailed it

Any fighter who came on would promptly leave. Being trolled by a bunch of insecure keyboard warriors?

Aint got no tam fo det

whats it say about the fighters then if a bunch of insecure keyboard worriers drive em of lol.

From what I understand many fighters used to post on here, but so many Sherdoggers are complete tools so they stopped.

Ian McCall was here a few weeks ago and so was Ben Saunders when he saw there was a war wagon thread for him... If you're a fan of the worldwide section then you'd have seen Rowdy Bec's stickied threads for a long time - she had a decent fan base here but she was trolled by dudes talking about her spousal abuse issues so she left... Bisping left because he got PM'd to death
And so did Cyrille Diabante...

There's a reason fighters don't post here - we're dicks to people.

Meisha used to post here, so did Bec Rawlings. They went away as fast as they came. No takedown defense in the world can prepare you for sherdog trolls. Barnett or someone from his account posted here a few years back, I think either prior to his UFC signing or just as he was signed. Pro fighters come here but they don't last.

Rampage used to post here, he actually gave a cell phone number to chat with him. He must have been fed up by the time I called, he told me to go get my Government cheese somewhere else. We actually were friends on xbox for a couple weeks, we played tekken a lot.

They used to all the time

Ben Saunders used to post on 4chan all the time, super cool guy

There's a "super secrete" forum only open to professional fighters and Gold Belts like myself.

You should see some of the things fighters say about you fans, lol.

No fighter wants to deal with a Sherdogger. It's a no win proposition.

I'm the corpse of Dallas Clark.

Dolce posts here. Everyone knows which poster he is.

Belcher was really popular on here when he used to post, but i'm not sure if it was because he was active on Sherdog, or because he was about to fight Bisping. Either way he lost and abruptly stopped posting. Not a huge loss tbh, most of his threads were trying to sell something.

Richard Walsh posted here about 9 months ago
He was bombarded with pay questions & when he said he was happy with pay & received generous bonuses, Shertards started arguing with him.
He was as patient as you can be & answered a lot of fighting/training questions, but the thread was overtaken by people wanting him to hate on Zuffa & became unreadable

Back