What has Jiu Jitsu done for you?

Hit-or-be-hit

Green Belt
Reaction score
Besides teachin u ground fighting what has it done 4 u.
Idk about u guys but something that i have really noticed is it has helped me be calm and relaxed.
I have never really relaxed when i have stressed out and now when something happens i try and stay calm and relax.
Like if i can't find my phone or something i just stay calm. When im grappling i stay really relaxed.
Idk what things has BJJ taught u all?

It's done me in tbh.

Good fun though, injuries and all.

besides teh injuries !!!

100 lbs of fat gone muscle gained .. Confidence gained .

increased my calmness .. I was calm before .

took over my life

lost 20-30 pounds so far and big boost in my confidence.

plus it gets me excited to do something throughout the week i really enjoy. i enjoy jiu jitsu b/c it makes me focus on my own self discipline and developing for my own sake, while at the same time being able to do it with a great group of people who really love and enjoy it

honestly, bjj is the best thing to ever happen to me, and i'm sure i'm not the only one

It gave me ringworm, the beginnings of cauli ear, and the confidence not to give a shit. :icon_chee

numerous strained or torn ligaments, cuts, bruises and a few minor rashes. The gi provides an easy halloween costume every year

80 lbs lost and counting.

great cardio.

confidence in any situation.

ability to kick my high school best friends ass.

a lot of new good friends.

its changed my life

Cauliflower ear, and sore neck and whole body

took over my life

Quoted for truth! :D

Also:
- Gave my family something we all share and love
- Gained a lot of great, new friends
- Got me into better shape
- Increased confidence

different outlook on life (for better)

calmness

more respect

more humility to others

i fucking love this sport.

I've learned some good life lessons:
-most people will help you if you help them or approach them with a friendly attitude
-there's always gonna be a couple of assholes, even in places you like. you gotta learn how to deal with em.
-seize opportunities aggresively
-in transitions, be in control, otherwise your opponent will control the outcome
-balance, in EVERYTHING(work, relationships, etc)
-push yourself towards success, even if you fail ALOT on the way there.

and i'm still learning...

-Lighter wallet
-Sore all the time
-Tender joints and hyperextended elbows
-Dont have to stress about what to buy, because I have no money left
-No time for anything else

Kidding, well, most of that stuff. For real though...

-Matured me
-Somewhat more relaxed in tight situations
-For the most part, not claustrophobic (not that I was), but I can breath normally all the time
-Awesome cardio/stamina
-Many new friends and events
-Always something to do
-Never get bored with it
-Made me an overall better person

If it weren't for jiu jitsu, I would just be mad all the time. I used to have serious anger issues, do drugs, get into trouble, fight with my friends and family. Its taught me alot about myself, and over the course of the time Ive been doing BJJ, I changed my outlook on the world. Things make sense to me, and I have control of myself. I am no longer angry at everything, and I enjoy life.

Jiu Jitsu saved my life...

the best thing that BJJ has done for me is give me back focus in my life. I was all over the place before I started training.

i went from having no job, a high school education and no real concrete goals in my life to working full time, going to school nights, training 3 days a week and dreaming of my blue belt. I'm 3 months away from finishing school and feeling good about myself and the dirtection my life is heading in.

i don't know where i'd be with out Joo-Jits to focus my energy on. i don't even want to picture my life with out it.

Confidence, not just in a fighting sense but in all areas of life. If you work hard, push yourself and fight through the hard times, you can do anything.

Sometimes at the end of class my instructor will make us run up and down the mats for about 10 minutes or so. After being completely beat up and exhausted from sparring, doing that run and telling myself to keep going, keep going, when my body is begging me to quit...when the time is up it's an incredibly rewarding feeling. There is nothing else like it really.

I've yet to win 1st place at a tournament so I reserve the right to change my mind on that :)

-

If it weren't for jiu jitsu, I would just be mad all the time. I used to have serious anger issues, do drugs, get into trouble, fight with my friends and family. Its taught me alot about myself, and over the course of the time Ive been doing BJJ, I changed my outlook on the world. Things make sense to me, and I have control of myself. I am no longer angry at everything, and I enjoy life.

Jiu Jitsu saved my life...

Nice post.

I think Renzo said something like fighting is the most honest thing you can do. There is no hiding how good you are on the mat.

Honesty, humility, and VITALITY (exuberant physical strength and mental vigor) I'm 41 but there are many days I feel like I'm 25. :D

Edited PsyKahTik's post to fit me

-Lighter wallet
-Sore all the time
-Don't have to stress about what to buy, because I have no money left
-No time for anything else
-Permanent black eye from boxing looks to be a thing of the past as I can't afford both time and money-wise
-scarred my feet

-Helps me relax, it's like meditation or yoga without the shame
-Never get bored with it
-Made me an overall better person
-some decent acquaintances I can talk MMA with

If it weren't for jiu jitsu, I would just be mad all the time. I used to have serious anger issues, fight with my friends and family. I am no longer angry at everything, and I enjoy life. Alright, maybe I'm still foul-tempered.

Back