• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happened to Wanderlei face?

Plastic surgery to fix his nose, teeth and scar tissue. It's sad because he was actually kinda handome in a thuggy/meathead way back in the day.

wanderlei-silva-lutador-de-vale-tudo-AX84PE.jpg

A sad fact not discussed enough :confused:

No kidding! I've heard other fighters discuss it occasionally in interviews or podcast. I've heard Forrest has a very "fighter worn" face, as in you can tell the guys been in some wars.

What hasn't happened to Wanderlei's face?

When you live a life of violence, you won't be pretty.
To be fair, he wasn't pretty to begin with. But yeah, a combination of scar tissue, bone disfiguration, and old age have changed his looks.

I don't remember that big scar across his forehead- he didn't have that in Pride. What is that from?

Sad because he was a decent looking guy before the plastic surgeries.

All started when he went the cosmetic route for his nose to look more European and it just didn’t work out because it goes against the natural symmetry of his facial proportions.

I may rewatched Wand/Mirko 2 to see his face rearranged

He was in a car accident or something recently which is where the newer heavy scar is from

What kind of scar??
I don't recall any fight where his forehead was split open in half.
The worse injurie was caused by CroCop high kick but that was on the right side of his skull and was nothing like this.

Looks like a bike or car accident or something

He said it started in his fight with Artur Mariano, where he headbutted Artur a lot (the doctor actually stopped the fight because Wand cut himself so bad head butting).

It lead to a lot of scar tissue that was constantly opening up and bothering him so he had his skull shaved down.

Story metal af.

Thats what tends to happen when you fight like him for as long as hes fought. Guys style involved a lot of face punching. He gave and took.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back