What happened to the World Cup vs Olympics thread on here?

llperez22

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Mods?

There was a solid thread comparing the cultural impact of the World Cup vs the Olympics and the number of fans in various countries that saw one over the other in terms of national interest. There was zero trolling or anything against rules I saw. It was an interesting thread I was looking forward to continue reading on. Any explanation to its being deleted?

Was it deleted ? And the correct answer was the Olympics

I don't see how it's even a debate. The Winter Olympics and the World Cup are comparable, but the Summer Olympics are in a league of their own

I don't see how it's even a debate. The Winter Olympics and the World Cup are comparable, but the Summer Olympics are in a league of their own

I would agree. Of course I'm an American where soccer is not a big deal or a top 10 sport. But world wide, the people commenting In that thread suggested World Cup draws countless more viewers.

if only there was a support forum for these type of deals.

world cup is way bigger in Brazil

It's bigger in all 3rd world countries. Question is does the diversity of the Olympics and it's first world appeal override soccers appeal, and I'm still wondering why mods deleted te previous thread??!!

Thread was deleted because its obvious that World Cup is bigger deal

I live in South America and around here definitely the World Cup gets much more interest.

Worldwide is definitely closer. I'm wondering which is bigger in countries that have either a strong soccer team and a strong olympic team: Germany, Italy, France, Spain, England, etc.

And there's another relevant fact: the World Cup final hasvmuch more viewers worldwide than the Olympics opening or final ceremony, the 100m men's track final or any other single Olympic final.

It's bigger in all 3rd world countries. Question is does the diversity of the Olympics and it's first world appeal override soccers appeal, and I'm still wondering why mods deleted te previous thread??!!
3rd world countries? Its even bigger in 1st world countries like all of Europe and far east asia [excluding china]. In no way can Olympics compete globally with soccer, and I say this as someone who cant stand watching it.

Mods?

There was a solid thread comparing the cultural impact of the World Cup vs the Olympics and the number of fans in various countries that saw one over the other in terms of national interest. There was zero trolling or anything against rules I saw. It was an interesting thread I was looking forward to continue reading on. Any explanation to its being deleted?

A mod banned the TS most likely for being a troll and deleted all his posts which included the World Cup thread.

Just continue your World Cup vs. Olympics discussion in here.

Too many cans were picking the World Cup and using FIFA's bullshit viewership numbers as proof

People watch the Olympics, but don't reeeeeally care about what they are watching. Archery, rowing, rhythmic ribbon dancing, equestrian, and all that shit is gone for another 4 years as soon as the medals are handed out. Whereas people really care about soccer. Look up post World Cup baby booms for proof.

People may only care about most Olympic sports every 4 years, but it's not Soccer vs. Olympics. It's World Cup vs. Olympics. People do care about what they're watching. That's the power of the Olympics. People will watch and root for shit sports they normally wouldn't give half a shit about. Also, soccer is in the Olympics.

Both are huge, but the World Cup is easily the bigger event in terms of public interest.

According to FIFA the South Africa 2010 final was watched by 187 million people.

On the other hand, the London 2012 Olympic Games inauguration had approximately 900 million viewers worldwide.

Back