What happened to the CRAZY AF Fighters?

What happened to the breed of crazy af fighters like Forest Griffin and Chris Leben?

I feel like the new wave is more calculated and reserved, not saying that it's a bad thing.

Was Tony and KZ the last of its kind?
Here is a few examples of more extreme fighters..

Mike Perry
El Cucuy 🔪🌿😎

What happened to the breed of crazy af fighters like Forest Griffin and Chris Leben?

I feel like the new wave is more calculated and reserved, not saying that it's a bad thing.

Did you skip December?

I hear cte is good for the crazies. Why these fighters are so calm nowadays. Too much cte getting in the way of their crazies.

guys like that dont make the big leagues anymore.

Few reasons:

- Awareness of CTE and health complications

- Being forgotten the moment you retire and losing social status

- Cost of living means people need realistic occupations for the long haul

- As MMA fans, we kind of seen it all and nothing wows most MMA fans at this point

Crazy fighters are fun. The problem is that they might end up like Phil Baroni.

Mike Perry... Diego sanchez.. tony.... wanderlei.... Tai Tuivasa... Derrick Lewis... Paul Felder... Moreno to an extent... Cody Garbrandt if he had a chin

Shout out to Wallid Ismail.

mqdefault.jpg

CTGb7nUXIAQojqB.jpg

Like who? I'm talking "Just lemme bang bro" level of crazy where fight IQ and logic goes out the window and it's straight rock'em sock'em

I think the evolution of MMA has sort of weeded this breed out. It was fun while it lasted.
Even the craziest fighters now are very measured
Justin gaethje was exactly that for most of his career.

Gadbdandt turns into that every fight.
There are others

Forrest was a bitch, couldn't bust a grape. I'm quite certain I could stand in front of him letting him punch me as hard as he wanted and I'd be fine

Matt brown is still around

black beast gave us lots of ridiculous KO

drew dober

Dong loves to bang (sorry had too)

being authentic is bad, unless it is the approved authentic. sean strickland is perhaps the "craziest" fighter in the modern era.

Back