What happened to the CRAZY AF Fighters?

John Cena

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What happened to the breed of crazy af fighters like Forest Griffin and Chris Leben?

I feel like the new wave is more calculated and reserved, not saying that it's a bad thing.

Was Tony and KZ the last of its kind?

Johnny Walker, Michael Pereira..

As the fight game matures, so must the fighters.

There are still "crazy" guys (many of whom have already been mentioned, Michel Pereira probably being the craziest, followed by Johnny Walker) — but you rarely see guys like this become Champion.

Becoming a Champion, and especially being a sustained Champion, takes discipline and self-control.

"Crazy" fighters are the opposite of this, so while they may be "exciting," they seldom have what it takes to be Champion, let alone remain one.

lots of justbleeders today
you must be getting senile
Like who? I'm talking "Just lemme bang bro" level of crazy where fight IQ and logic goes out the window and it's straight rock'em sock'em

I think the evolution of MMA has sort of weeded this breed out. It was fun while it lasted.
Even the craziest fighters now are very measured

Skill, technique. You can’t just be a crazy brawler nowadays and get very far. Fighters are more aware of ranking and public image now. Losing fights is bad for both of those.

The fight game has elevated from human cockfighting to human cockfighting trying to impersonate a legitimate sport.

The crazy ones fail to adapt to the social media fighting game.

Back