• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happened to Justin "Big Pretty" Willis?

I heard Tuivasa say he was sliding into his DMs on Instagram calling him a bitch etc, he really wanted that fight after the issues they had at the weigh in for the Hunt fight

Shamil Gamzatov, Askar Askarov, Gadzhi Omargadzhiev, Slim Trabelsi, Ruslan Magomedov...etc I hope the UFC manage their business much better than that cause we know they can do better than that.
Gamzatov was a mediocre fighter with a shitty record and barely fought, there's a reason Michal ran through him.

Askarov asked to be released and said he was retiring right before going back to ACA, also missed weight at Flyweight.

Gadzhi was trash, Caio dominated him without breaking a sweat and then he went on to lose to the worst Nurmagomedov in MMA dominantly.

Trabelsi got blocked by Fernand Lopez and the UFC couldn't keep him.

Ruslan was one of the worst PED cheats on top of being a HW point fighter. Guy was literally on his way to breaking Barnett's record for failed tests.

There have been several bad releases/unmatched offers on the UFC's part for years (Mousasi, Bader, Davis, Larkin, etc.) but you picked some of the more reasonable ones.

Who else remembers the chubby heavyweight dude from AKA who was talk of the town from 2017-2019? He had some hype behind him due to being DC's training partner and was a top ten heavyweight. He managed to piss off Tai Tuivasa after disrespecting Mark Hunt and making racial claims about Aboriginals during the peak of his UFC career. He had some steam until he ran into Curtis Blaydes in UFC Nashville. Blaydes had mocked him after their fight, calling him "Big Titty" and his stock dropped drastically.

He hasn't competed in MMA since March of 2019 and looks to have gone completely off the rails since then. There was talk of him going against Walt Harris in UFC San Antonio but was apparently so out of shape, that he couldn't fight on that card despite being a HW and was immediately released by the UFC. This is the most accepted version of the story as Willis had always talked about binging on Five Guys, Shake Shack, and Wingstop after fights. (Eat the burger, not the fries! - Johny "Big Titty" Hendricks)

The COVID pandemic happened and then the PFL signed him for 2021 season but he never fought and pulled out of his fight against Denis Goltsov. He never scheduled for another fight again. His Instagram is full of weird conspiracy theory BS now and seems to be completely irrelevant to the current MMA scene. There is no talk of an MMA return or anything like that. MMA seemed to be the only thing that grounded his mental state. A theory of mine is that the UFC release and being mocked by the MMA community for the Big Titty moniker and loss to Blaydes triggered some kind of mental episode in him. This is probably why he has not returned to MMA competition and the PFL pullout itself. But idk.

He was always a weirdo, but certainly a character nonetheless. Nobody talks about him now and I feel this is one of the absolute QUICKEST rise/fall stories in MMA.

View attachment 1023674

He just wasn't that good with boring sub par striking and had no ground game at all or TDD. It's not that hi fi

I remember this interview had so many people triggered lol, it was essentially the start to what would've been an amazing heel, Kevin Lee vibes

The UFC released him as soon as he lost because he was boring as fuck, then he signed for PFL but never ended up fighting for them.

Gamzatov was a mediocre fighter with a shitty record and barely fought, there's a reason Michal ran through him.

Askarov asked to be released and said he was retiring right before going back to ACA, also missed weight at Flyweight.

Gadzhi was trash, Caio dominated him without breaking a sweat and then he went on to lose to the worst Nurmagomedov in MMA dominantly.

Trabelsi got blocked by Fernand Lopez and the UFC couldn't keep him.

Ruslan was one of the worst PED cheats on top of being a HW point fighter. Guy was literally on his way to breaking Barnett's record for failed tests.

There have been several bad releases/unmatched offers on the UFC's part for years (Mousasi, Bader, Davis, Larkin, etc.) but you picked some of the more reasonable ones.

Ruslan is actually banned for life under USADA lol, I wonder if the dude meant Rashid.

He was coming off the loss to Blaydes and the UFC had another fight they wanted him to take in a month or two from then. He turned them down because he said he couldn't get back down to 265 in time. That was curtains.

I hope Aspinall humbles Blaydes, there has been so many unfair releases and renewals, like Makhmud Muradovm Shamil Gamzatov, Askar Askarov, Gadzhi Omargadzhiev, Slim Trabelsi, Ruslan Magomedov...etc I hope the UFC manage their business much better than that cause we know they can do better than that.

but here's my list of fighters that should be released IMO and fighters that if they're still in contract, should go if they lose their next fights:

Warlley Alves, Urijah Faber if he's still in contract with them (in the UFC fan rankings site, he's still here!!!!), Walt Harris (he should also know by himself that he should retire cause he's 0-3 in his last 3 fights after losing his daughter may she R.I.P.), Marc-André Barriault, Julian Marquez, Michał Oleksiejczuk, Mickey Gall, Cynthia Calvillo, Court McGee, Max Griffin, Nike Price, Danny Roberts, Trevin Giles, Muslim Salikhov, Abu Azaitar, Wellington Turman, Punahele Soriano, Miguel Baeza, Ihor Potieria, Rhys McKee...etc of fighters whom their wins is almost same as their losses or their losses are more than their wins, see all of that on the "List of current UFC fighters" Wikipedia.

Here's Gadzhi getting whipped post UFC, they should probably sign Boris Medvedev instead.

I hope Aspinall humbles Blaydes, there has been so many unfair releases and renewals, like Makhmud Muradovm Shamil Gamzatov, Askar Askarov, Gadzhi Omargadzhiev, Slim Trabelsi, Ruslan Magomedov...etc I hope the UFC manage their business much better than that cause we know they can do better than that.

but here's my list of fighters that should be released IMO and fighters that if they're still in contract, should go if they lose their next fights:

Warlley Alves, Urijah Faber if he's still in contract with them (in the UFC fan rankings site, he's still here!!!!), Walt Harris (he should also know by himself that he should retire cause he's 0-3 in his last 3 fights after losing his daughter may she R.I.P.), Marc-André Barriault, Julian Marquez, Michał Oleksiejczuk, Mickey Gall, Cynthia Calvillo, Court McGee, Max Griffin, Nike Price, Danny Roberts, Trevin Giles, Muslim Salikhov, Abu Azaitar, Wellington Turman, Punahele Soriano, Miguel Baeza, Ihor Potieria, Rhys McKee...etc of fighters whom their wins is almost same as their losses or their losses are more than their wins, see all of that on the "List of current UFC fighters" Wikipedia.

Gamzatov requested his own release, purportedly, because he could not secure a visa to fight in America and wanted to continue his career.

Askarov requested his own release, at the time he claimed it was for health reasons, but he has since fought elsewhere.

Magomedov received a lifetime ban from USADA for doping so there likely was not much of a choice.

Omargadzhiev was probably released due to the competitive effort, or lack thereof, he showed against Abubabakar. Its quite understandable to have great reverence towards the Nurmagomedov family but if you cannot put that to the side and fight to the best of your ability you do not belong on the UFC roster.

8qyhor.gif

He pissed that kid off soooo bad, I laughed so hard that season lol.

i think he either was already crazy before and just nobody gave a fuck enough to realize it, or it's CTE. it's not like people who choose fighting as their career are "normal every day citizens" most of these guys and girls are some level of crazy already without the added head trauma.

I think he went crazy. I took a look at his social media. He is all NWO jews run the world mixed with some black knowledge thing.
Want to see him start a podcast with Bryce Mitchell.
They could invite guys like Josh Fabia, Datsik, Tony Ferguson.

Want to see him start a podcast with Bryce Mitchell.
They could invite guys like Josh Fabia, Datsik, Tony Ferguson.
I think Bryce might be too white. They got Jebus in common though.

Edit:He is mfking crazy. He is blaming gay stuff on Jewish owned UFC. Just go look at his instagram.

I think Bryce might be too white. They got Jebus in common though.

Edit:He is mfking crazy. He is blaming gay stuff on Jewish owned UFC. Just go look at his instagram.
I remember watching him a while ago, and he is absolutely nuts. Possibly the most unlikeable fighter ever in the UFC.

Let's never forget that absolute gem of post fight interview:

Back