What happened to Eddie?

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
He was talking all kinds of shit how McGregor is an easy fight and he expected McGregor to lose, etc, etc...

I didn't hear a peep from him or his camp through all this.

Im sure they didnt bother askin him after he wall and stalled pettis.

Just because it's not reported in the Media doesn't mean he didn't ask about it.....

these guys talk all the talk, then when the opportunity arises, they quiet down. See Aldo and Edgar

Just because it's not reported in the Media doesn't mean he didn't ask about it.....

Yes it does. His twitter posts would have been shown. It would have been reported by the mma media that he wanted the fight. Since we didn't hear anything, he didn't ask for the fight..

these guys talk all the talk, then when the opportunity arises, they quiet down. See Aldo and Edgar
You're a fucking idiot, why would frankie waste his time fighting the 145 champ at 155 for no title
Do all you asses that sit on here talking about how huge conor is now really think he could make 145 on this short notice to make it worth Edgar or aldos while

Eddie did ask for the fight though.
And Frankie didn't turn the fight down for any reason other than being injured.

Talking beating McGregor and beating McGregor are two different things, Aldo said no chance as did Frankie and Eddie kept quiet because he knows he wouldn't make it competitive.

You're a fucking idiot, why would frankie waste his time fighting the 145 champ at 155 for no title
Do all you asses that sit on here talking about how huge conor is now really think he could make 145 on this short notice to make it worth Edgar or aldos while
who cares about the belt. You talk all this crap about beating Conor and then the opportunity arises to fight him and they back out. Only clowns like you think these guys care about the belt. They care about the bum life changing money they would get fighting Conor and the opportunity to fight far more than the belt. These guys want to put that L on McGOAT's record far more than the belt.

He never said he would fight Conor anywhere, anytime. He just answered Ariels questions and gave his opinion how to beat Conor. Don't act as if hes ducking Conor. Watch the Interview.

Also said hes not in fighting condition, so knowing hes a smart guy I wouldnt wonder if he didnt even ask for the fight on short notice.

Eddie went from the most exciting fighter to someone who ekes out victories. I think the UFC has some control on who people are calling out.

Silva started doing to to GSP years ago, even offering to go to 170 if that's what it took. I suspect Dana told him to stop because GSP didn't want that fight.

From the UFC's point of view, calling people out is to hype up potential matchups and right now Eddie's stock is low.

And about the Frankie title comment, after the $500g payday that Mendes got, I think a lot of guys want Mcgregor just to be associated with a big event that comes with a big pay day.

Fuck Eddie for wallstalling Pettis. Pathetic.

It's more Pettis' fault for not being able to stop it. Get irrationally angry at him instead.

I disagree.

It's actually really hard to stop someone from doing that to you when that's all they're trying to do, especially at a high level. Kind of like passing someone's closed guard. If all your opponent is trying to do is tie you up in full guard without going for subs or sweeps it gets pretty hard to pass.

I'm an Alvarez fan and that fight was hard to watch.

He just fought a month ago.

Sometimes the method to achieve victory is more important than the victory itself, the Eddies last fight is a prime example of that.

Alvarez was never in consideration I'll bet. His stock is in the shitter after that Pettis "fight".

No, get angry at the judges. Pressing someone against the fence isn't supposed to score points.

Don't get angry at the judges, they got it right. Pettis isn't using footwork and angles anymore to defend/avoid takedowns or the clinch, that's his fault. He clearly lost 2 of the 3 rounds.

Back