What game series would you like to see make a comeback?

Can't believe no one has said TES and GTA
<21>

I think Red Faction would be cool if they made it in a legit interesting fully-destructible world and had characters with maybe an ounce of personality. Guerilla is fun when blowing buildings up and causing chaos but those moments are sparse and surrounded by a lot of dullness (which I really noticed my time around on the remaster) which I think would be very ambitious to tackle while keeping the core destruction element in place.

Killer Instinct's reboot was awesome and it's been a decade since so I guess it would be considered a comeback again? Obviously tough being a Microsoft property now considering how Sony-centric the FGC can be, but they really did nail the reboot and I'd love to see it return especially with all the "guests" Microsoft can inject now.

NBA Street and Backyard Wrestling should make comebacks too. Not terribly concerned about the Juggalos and cast of D-listers from the latter, there's just a real void in that combo wrestling/fighter type game right now, a Def Jam comeback would fit the bill too.

latest

I think Red Faction would be cool if they made it in a legit interesting fully-destructible world and had characters with maybe an ounce of personality. Guerilla is fun when blowing buildings up and causing chaos but those moments are sparse and surrounded by a lot of dullness (which I really noticed my time around on the remaster) which I think would be very ambitious to tackle while keeping the core destruction element in place.

The first game still has the most destructible environments. I don't know why they toned it down for the sequels.

The multi-player in that game was crazy for its time. You could blast yourself a tunnel to hide in and then use the rail driver with x ray vision to snipe opponents through walls.

I always liked the Panzer Dragoon series. Interesting lore, totally unique and original game world and art style. Rail shooters are pretty much a non-existent genre now, but that series hits all the nostalgia sweet spots for me.

I really hope the panzer dragoon zwei remake comes out and improves upon the so-so OG remake.

On a side note, I have to the first 3 games for my Sega Saturn, but my system is dead. Went on eBay to maybe pick up a used system and wtf is up with the crazy prices for Saturn stuff? Do people actually pay the much? I have an insanely huge Saturn, Dreamcast, and 3do collection (with developer discs) What people are asking is stupid for some of this stuff

Last edited:
Shadowrun series on steam was super fun. JRPG Chrono Trigger sequel. Might and magic for shitty nostalgia. Vampire Masquerade(I think they are working on it but somehow it's in development for years)

I still have my PS1 copy that me and brothers fire up once in a while.

@what-wut
Looks like Crazy Taxi is being rebooted along with Jet Set Radio but as online games

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...y-taxi-jet-set-radio-to-chase-fortnite-riches
Thanks for the heads up bro, great fucking news. Hoping for an awesome crazybox mode as that was the mode I played all the time.

I remember using the ps3 browser getting youtube links and going to a YouTube to mp3 convertor website. I developed quite the music library just to listen to music while playing the game.

^ and this turned into overlord

No, these have always been two separate games. Overload came out in 2018 and was developed by a completely different team and was never going to be an official sequel to Descent due to the rights to the IP belonging to someone else.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overload_(video_game)

The game I’m referring to hasn’t even released yet and was supposed to be an actual Reboot “officially” as they actually had the rights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ships_That_Fight_Underground

The most recent update from March suggests the litigation has been settled and that the game will see the light of day, but not under the name Descent either.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/little-orbit-descendent-studios-reach-130000700.html

SWAT - I had forgotten about this series but I remember it being really fun to infiltrate hostile areas, rescue hostages and neutralize criminals. They could make a modern version of this game with an actual storyline.

Red Faction - the environmental destruction is so fun in this game. I want to see a return to FPS though instead of third person.

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter - would be cool to see a modern remake of this game. I would like to see some horror/stealth elements added.

what about a Turok Dinosaur Hunter movie? that would be titties.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back