What game series would you like to see make a comeback?

snes_actraiser_p_qnftng.jpg

ActRaiser... Awesome combination of sim and action.

16516-deathrow-xbox-front-cover.jpg

One of my favourite sport games, a sort of futuristic ultimate frisby with combat. Great style, great action, great mechanics... Great game.
There is a new act raiser.

I'd love to see them remade like RE2

Syphon Filter.

I never got into the PS1 versions, but I played the shit out the 2 PSP games. The controls were a bit wonky, but being able to play PS2-ish quality games on the go was something else. They put a lot of love in those titles.

With Splinter Cell (a new one coming though?) and MGS all but dead these these days, I really hope Sony gets Bend to make a new one in Unreal 5.

Twisted Metal

<{jackyeah}>

Syphon Filter.
Great choice. Very x-files/dale gribble inspired conspiracy story, good graphics, lots of violence. 1st one was amazing. 2nd one wasn't quite as good but was long (2 disc), had hard stealth missions, darker story, and better graphics. 3rd one was basically the last good action game on the PS1 since it came out after the ps2s launch. Both PSP games were solid as well

I'll give you a timely one - Deus Ex

For anyone who doesn't know, Eidos is finally free from the clutches of the perennially mismanaged Square-Enix, so hopefully we can finally get a new game from this excellent series. Human Revolution was awesome, Mankind Divided was sadly rushed but still good, and after playing the original for the first time last year I'd say it's legitimately one of the best games of all time.

Some are wanting to see Legacy of Kain come back (With Crystal Dynamics also being free from SE), but you have to be realistic. The last game was almost 20 years ago, the story was unfinished (and very convoluted), and the voice actors are getting old and passing away. Better to leave that one as a pleasant memory I say. Of course, I'd welcome being proven wrong.

Reactions: Zer
iu

Fighting in the bamboo thicket or cherry blossom grove with new graphics.
Would buy first day!

Most memorable time in a VG I’ve ever had was a buddy and I were playing the first one. We were chasing and parrying attacks through all the areas. Bobbing and weaving for over 20 minutes, in a game where most matches last 20 seconds. We end up at the beach section and he cuts a leg and I go down. He taunts me as I’m limping, and I throw sand in his eyes, and while he is falling back from it, I do a from-prone leaping skull-splitter with the hammer and kill him. He looked over at me stunned and was just like…
<{dayum}>

I’ll never forget that, and we talk about it occasionally while high and laugh out asses off.

Would buy first day!

Most memorable time in a VG I’ve ever had was a buddy and I were playing the first one. We were chasing and parrying attacks through all the areas. Bobbing and weaving for over 20 minutes, in a game where most matches last 20 seconds. We end up at the beach section and he cuts a leg and I go down. He taunts me as I’m limping, and I throw sand in his eyes, and while he is falling back from it, I do a from-prone leaping skull-splitter with the hammer and kill him. He looked over at me stunned and was just like…
<{dayum}>

I’ll never forget that, and we talk about it occasionally while high and laugh out asses off.

i love how you could play two player in story mode and run through the whole big stage. Bamboo thicket was da shit.

I havent played this game but saw some vids online
https://za.ign.com/pc/150393/video/the-most-realistic-sword-fighting-game-ever-made

But a bushido blade game and movie and comic would be awesome

Would love to see From dip back into the Kings Field games. It was one of my first real experiences with 3D polygons in a fps setting when the PS1 launched.

Silent Hill
Clock Tower
Dino Crisis
Golden Axe (As a Free roam Adventure)
Kid Icarus (Make it similar to Zelda)
Punch Out!!
The Maniac Mansion/Day Of the Tentacle Series
Sam and Max

Would love a Viewtiful Joe comeback

Turok the Dinosaur Hunter - would be cool to see a modern remake of this game. I would like to see some horror/stealth elements added.
It would be cool to see a wild doom eternal type game with that

Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy - surprised this never got a sequel. Great game.

Mark of Kri. Damn I haven't thought of this game in forever. The studio is still around but only makes MLB games now.

I want a Ninja Gaiden 4 with pixel art and actual anime cut scenes. How has this not happened?

Back