Opinion What does "Make America Great Again" mean to you? And how do you see it being great again?

That has always been their defining characteristic. Even back in 2015, we kept hearing from the MSM about how we're not supposed to have contempt for people who are backing a conman for president; we have to show empathy for their pain. No one ever applies that kind of thinking to anyone else.

Personally, I think empathy is great, but we have to make rational decisions to actually get positive results, and putting an authoritarian crook in charge and killing American democracy is not that.
I dont have contempt, I just like to laugh at them. In there ultimate quest to be trolls and trigger the libs, they ended up becoming a punch line, without even realizing they are the punchline. Unintentional Comedy is my favorite kind of comedy.
Just when I think the average Trump Lickspittle could not debase themselves anymore, after the NFT's , gold sneakers, Bibles, they start wearing gold diapers, because the guy they worship has to wear a diaper. That is peak level comedy right there.
So anytime I see TDS posted by a MAGAdogger, I secretly know they are gotten too. Right after I see TDS posted, I picture the poster doing this.
FatGuyAngryAtComputer.gif

What's your "National identity"..? Just curious.
lol remember arguing with you and others that there was no such thing as a national identity, not only in the USA, but anywhere. As if it just didn’t exist and every country was the same.

It's tried and true political dynamite for the masses.

486px-Let%27s_Make_America_Great_Again_button.jpeg

🤷🏼‍♂️
No argument there. You’d think we’d catch on eventually. Doom and gloom, and your life sucks, and that other guy is the reason it sucks, is what sells. Whatever, at least my conscience is clean.

Spoke to soon about the TDS Muppets not hacking this thread...well it was good while it lasted.
The Muppets are underrated and deserve a comeback, imo. No idea if Frank Oz is still around, though.

lol remember arguing with you and others that there was no such thing as a national identity, not only in the USA, but anywhere. As if it just didn’t exist and every country was the same.
What are the chances this guy is telling the truth?

I've noticed that every time Rob types a post with the letter "e" in it, it's a lie.

Then I'll ask you the same question...what is your "National identity"...? What makes you more American than the random guy standing next to me. What's the criteria and who decides it?

What's your "National identity"..? Just curious.
Hard working, personal responsibility, honesty despite feelings, help those willing to help themselves, liberty at all costs, English speaking, encouraged legal immigration from beneficial individuals, no perpetual handouts, not accepting criminality and expecting severe punishment for repeat criminals, live and let live where one is only affecting oneself, less government, states governing their populations, belief in protecting and maintaining borders, pledge of allegiance, fiscal responsibility, from my cold dead hands, no more excessive taxation as theft, total transparency of what little governance is required, civility...

Hard working, personal responsibility, honesty despite feelings, help those willing to help themselves, liberty at all costs, English speaking, encouraged legal immigration from beneficial individuals, no perpetual handouts, not accepting criminality and expecting severe punishment for repeat criminals, live and let live where one is only affecting oneself, less government, states governing their populations, belief in protecting and maintaining borders, pledge of allegiance, fiscal responsibility, from my cold dead hands, no more excessive taxation as theft, total transparency of what little governance is required, civility...

Yeah that's essentially political and fiscal conservatism, dashed with a touch of slightly co contradictory libertarianism. Contradictory because you tie in the idea of freedom with the idea of a heavy-handed police State.

I'm not seeing much of an actual "National identity" as opposed to the idea that you want everyone to agree with the basic tenets of the preferred political viewpoint.

I find this one a bit strange because I see a lot of MAGA on this site (not you specifically) that also think production workers shouldn´t unionize and just eat shit on wages because otherwise their goods might go up in price.
I always found it funny to see those 2 opposing views from some posters.
Those are consistent views, yours are opposing views, assuming you support keeping production domestic. If you want jobs here, you can't tell people they have to join a union and nobody's even allowed to offer their work for less, and then bitch when they just automate or have the job done elsewhere because some degenerate who doesn't even work for the company wants to price you out of a job and skim off your paycheck and you have no say in the matter.

If you demand a 6 figure income for doing donkey work in a factory that doesn't even require you to be able to read or speak the language, and nobody who's willing to do it for less is even allowed to unless they're in another country, then don't be surprised when they find someone in another country to do it or just automate it.

Go back to a time when people didn't worship politicians.
Pre 2008 when the guy had to remind his supporters that he wasn't born in a manger, the media hardball questions were "what enchants you about being president", and they now want his wife to run just for being his wife even though she hasn't had a job in 30 years? Yeah, I don't think most people aren't talking about that recent, though pre 2008 did seem kind of fun when broke people with no job were getting approved to buy multiple houses.

It’s the nations identity not the individuals identity

Not really. I'd suggest looking up the full scope of the meaning of the term. It's not merely collectivism for sake of collectivism. That's more in line with fascist thought.

A nation or country can have an identity in and of itself. This national identity encompasses the collective characteristics, values, beliefs, and cultural elements that distinguish it from other nations. It is shaped by historical events, social practices, languages, religious beliefs, and symbols that represent the nation. This identity is often reflected in national narratives, traditions, and the shared sense of belonging among its citizens.

For instance, Japan's national identity is characterized by its unique blend of traditional culture and modern technology, strong social cohesion, respect for authority and order, and deep-rooted customs like tea ceremonies and festivals. These elements collectively define Japan's national identity, distinguishing it from other countries.

The national identity of the United States of America is a complex and multifaceted concept shaped by its history, cultural diversity, values, and symbols. Key aspects of American national identity include:

1. **Values**:
- **Liberty and Freedom**: A foundational element of American identity, emphasizing individual rights, freedom of speech, and the pursuit of happiness.
- **Democracy**: The commitment to democratic governance, civic participation, and the rule of law.
- **Equality**: The belief in equal opportunity for all, though the historical and ongoing struggle for civil rights reflects the complexity of achieving this ideal.

2. **Cultural Diversity**:
- The United States is known as a "melting pot" or "salad bowl" of cultures, reflecting the contributions of immigrants from around the world. This diversity is seen in American cuisine, music, languages, and religious practices.

3. **Historical Events**:
- **American Revolution**: The fight for independence from British rule established the principles of liberty and self-governance.
- **Civil Rights Movement**: The struggle for racial equality and justice, led by figures like Martin Luther King Jr., significantly shaped modern American identity.

4. **Symbols**:
- **Flag**: The Stars and Stripes represent the union of the states and the values of the nation.
- **Statue of Liberty**: A symbol of freedom and democracy, welcoming immigrants and representing hope and opportunity.
- **National Anthem**: "The Star-Spangled Banner" expresses pride and patriotism.

5. **Civic Traditions**:
- Celebrations such as Independence Day (July 4), Thanksgiving, and Memorial Day reinforce national unity and historical memory.

6. **Economic and Technological Innovation**:
- The spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, exemplified by the rise of industries like technology and entertainment, is a key component of American identity.

These elements collectively define the national identity of the United States, characterized by a commitment to democratic ideals, cultural diversity, and a historical narrative of striving for freedom and equality.

Just a few easy examples

Back