What does Jones has to prove at HW...

Iplaytolose

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
If he beats DC? DC was a destroyer at HW, so if Jones beats DC, doesn't it prove he can deal with strength and power of a HW fighter?

no it proves he can beat a guy that was a small hw and dropped to 205 because of disadvantages.

If he beats DC with ease he may as well take the pay day with Cain because I honestly think Cormier would beat Velasquez

If he beats DC? DC was a destroyer at HW, so if Jones beats DC, doesn't it prove he can deal with strength and power of a HW fighter?
MMAMath is bad for you.

Jones beating DC tells us nothing about how he would do against larger heavyweights.

Should we assume Hendo could have ruled the Pride HW division because he TKO'd Fedor?
Should we assume Ryo Chonan could have tooled Forrest Griffin because he submitted Anderson Silva?
Doesn't work that way.

If Jones beats DC (which I doubt he can), it only proves he can beat DC.
If he wants to prove himself at heavyweight, he needs to fight heavyweights.

He doesn't have to prove anything, anywhere, IMO. He's a LHW and he has the right to stay there. It isn't his fault that no one there can push him, aside from Gus and maybe a few other guys on a good night.

dc had a size disadvantage against most heavies, plus cain is his friend and training partner, therefore he dropped?

You're being dishonest. In your first post you said "DC dropped because of disadvantages". He didn't. He dropped because he wouldn't fight Cain, and obviously cause he feels he has a chance of being lhw champ.

dc had a size disadvantage against most heavies, plus cain is his friend and training partner, therefore he dropped? no im not joking. beating a 205'er means you beat a 205er lol

His size wasn't a disadvantage at HW, he was still muscling around guys much bigger than himself.

You're being dishonest. In your first post you said "DC dropped because of disadvantages". He didn't. He dropped because he wouldn't fight Cain, and obviously cause he feels he has a chance of being lhw champ.

well those are true, but he also did have quite a size disadvantage against larger fighters at hw

If he beats DC with ease he may as well take the pay day with Cain because I honestly think Cormier would beat Velasquez
If Jones beat DC, JDS and Cain will be easier than Chael Sonnen.

MMAMath is bad for you.

Jones beating DC tells us nothing about how he would do against larger heavyweights.

Should we assume Hendo could have ruled the Pride HW division because he TKO'd Fedor?
Should we assume Ryo Chonan could have tooled Forrest Griffin because he submitted Anderson Silva?
Doesn't work that way.

If Jones beats DC (which I doubt he can), it only proves he can beat DC.
If he wants to prove himself at heavyweight, he needs to fight heavyweights.

You're comparing completely different situations, and it's not about mma math at all. There's this idea about Jones not being able to handle HWs because of the supposed strength and power disparity. Mma math applies primarily styles matchups, which is not the premise of this thread.

He needs to taste that delicious JDS/Nelson/Hunt Overhand right.

His size wasn't a disadvantage at HW, he was still muscling around guys much bigger than himself.

Including throwing around a 250 pound world class grappler, Josh Barnett, as if he was taking out the trash. Nobody else has ever done that to Barnett.

He has to prove what GSP had to prove at middleweight, which is absolutely nothing.

Including throwing around a 250 pound world class grappler, Josh Barnett, as if he was taking out the trash. Nobody else has ever done that to Barnett.

but i do feel he is better off at 205, plus he didnt muscle much, he used amazing technique

well those are true, but he also did have quite a size disadvantage against larger fighters at hw

But that, surely, wasn't the reason he dropped down. Had Cain not been hw champ, he would have stayed at hw.

That, and the opportunity to dethrone the #1 p4p fighter, Jones.

The latter being, obviously, the reason why DC is calling Jones out and going "you have to fight ME! before Gus".

DC obviously wants to be the one to dethrone Jones. If Gus was to beat Jones, DC beating Gus would be a great accomplishment - but not as big as him dethroning Jones.

Which is why DC sounds kinda desperate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back