What does Jones and Wilder have in common?

not sure a guy known for gassing in MMA making it 10 full rounds against arguably the absolute GOAT with flawless cardio proves the point you tried to make..

You'll punch like a girl after a full boxing work-out. It is just as tiring, if not more, than grappling.

Yes it is, in most cases at least. The sport involves grappling, which is just about the most taxing physical activity out there. There's a reason wrestling matches not involving an overtime period only go on for seven minutes. I'm guessing you've never wrestled before. Jiu-jitsu and clinching/judo are almost as tiring too.

Yes it is. The sport involves grappling, which is just about the most taxing physical activity out there.

Irrelevant since Jones kickboxed Cormier, and they both were open mouth breathing after 4 rounds.

Yes it is, in most cases at least. The sport involves grappling, which is just about the most taxing physical activity out there. There's a reason wrestling matches not involving an overtime period only go on for seven minutes. I'm guessing you've never wrestled before. Jiu-jitsu and clinching/judo are almost as tiring too.

I'm guessing you never boxed in a real alfa gym

I wrestled (Soviet system for the win) and even did some folkstyle. I do know how hard it is going from standing to grappling to back up agai ...
scrambling and the weight of a guy all over me: thats like a rape.

This is not about wrestling, its about MMA.

You can retire to the outside in kick. range and throw leg kicks, just to get a breather (thats what I do) and you dont have that luxury as a boxer.

A guy that knows how to work your body (boxer) was the 2. worst experience in my life.

The worst expierence in my life was a training camp with some Crique de Soleil athletes.

Last edited:
jon has not been grappling oriented in his style since 2012.... And grappling is not that tiring if you know how to conserve your energy and are used to grappling. And no, breathing through your mouth after 3 or 4 rounds in bad cardio. I saw the fight.
You're acting like you can't conserve your energy in boxing bouts. When you're full on grappling, you're generally using every ounce of strength. Takedowns, carrying someone's entire weight for more than two seconds, and get ups alone are unbelievably exhausting.

You'll punch like a girl after a full boxing work-out. It is just as tiring, if not more, than grappling.

grappling cardio is a bit overrated.

clinching is tiring, but grappling not that much.

You're acting like you can't conserve your energy in boxing bouts. When you're full on grappling, you're generally using every ounce of strength. Takedowns, carrying someone's entire weight for more than two seconds, and get ups alone are unbelievably exhausting.

It obviously depends on how you box. If you rely on a lot of footwork and try to be a text book boxer, boxing is more tiring. I have wrestled non stop for 5 minutes and I got more tired from 5 minutes of boxing.

And I thought Tito Ortiz was the king of excuses but Wilder takes that throne by storm{<jordan}<Dany07>

Jon-Jones-BBC.jpg

ESPN rated boxing cardio training ahead of wrestling
I could give af what ESPN says. They're a pandering shit show branch of Disney.

With that being said, it's obvious we're not going to convince each other, so let's just leave this.

Back