What does it mean if the UFC moves more towards the entertainment.

They didn't need CM Punk for entertainment. All they had to do was legalize knees to a downward opponent and allow 12-to-6 elbows.

The more rules you put on the sport, the less exciting it becomes. Chaos, not order, creates excitement.

It's the same reason a lot of people think NFL is starting to be less and less entertaining over the years. Too many rules being employed to protect players.

But Zuffa can't change the rules. They can add myopic gimmicks though.

Umm no bros, dude or what every you idiots like to be called.

I know about it because of a epic battle between to warriors, without that fight everything else means shit.

you obviously know some history about Rugby. i wish you'd bothered to at least attempt to learn some history of MMA before spouting.

at least “Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it” fucking forgot history - you haven't even bothered to learn.

or just keep whining about and pining for a return to how it never was, and never will be again. like just another cliche noob. i don't care. and don't get me wrong; being a new fan isn't anything to be ashamed of. but being a new fan who doesn't know shit but spouts like the do...?

fucking noobs lol

cheers.

um, you realize, TS, that the only reason you know about this thing is because they created a reality show that was half Real World, half Survivor and half Big Brother, right?

The reality show was loaded with legit guys that would go on to great success for many years though. Forrest went on to beat Shogun and Rampage to win his belt, after all.

You act as if the best guys are not being given a chance at all and only shit talkers get title shots. This is 100% false. If you prove yourself you will get your shot because fans will want to see it. Could a shit talker like Conor come along and make some waves every now and then? Yes. Does that mean the best don't fight the best? Of course not. You are being a drama queen.

They are but the best guys are being pushed to the side more and more for the talkers, the talkers are being protected with match ups to help protect them. To answer your question does that mean the best don't vs the best? In an entertainment model not always, these Conor's take away title shots from the better athletes, these CM's can take away a local fighters chance to prove themselves.

When is Punk going to start "entertaining" me? All I've seen from his interviews is a fairly humble guy speaking realistically about his chances in the UFC. He's not exactly cutting Warrior promos.

when i hear "sports entertainment" I think of fake wrestling, so maybe fake story lines and stuff

They are but the best guys are being pushed to the side more and more for the talkers, the talkers are being protected with match ups to help protect them. To answer your question does that mean the best don't vs the best? In an entertainment model not always, these Conor's take away title shots from the better athletes, these CM's can take away a local fighters chance to prove themselves.

cry-baby-blog.jpg

Plans on? That's exactly what they've been doing.

The UFC priorities today

1. Make money
2. Make money
3. Make good fights
4. Make money
5. Further the sport

The biggest problem with this BS is the fan it attracts. Fans don't know rules, regulations, how the sport works, how fights are supposed to be scored, what the fouls are, techniques, etc etc. MMA has attracted the wrong breed of dumbshit fan for far too long and it's a direct result of their money over everything mentality.

I've never seen the word noob used so much in a sherdog thread. Congrats on such groundbreaking work, TS.

The biggest problem with this BS is the fan it attracts. Fans don't know rules, regulations, how the sport works, how fights are supposed to be scored, what the fouls are, techniques, etc etc. MMA has attracted the wrong breed of dumbshit fan for far too long and it's a direct result of their money over everything mentality.

Well said, when you have a good percentage of fans welcoming trash talkers getting special treatment and amateurs getting a chance in the pro leagues it shows the fan base you have attracted or has been attracted aren't in it for the purity of the sport, fans there for just the entertainment value can easily jump between the different sports that have the better trending headlines. Pretty much just a bunch of idiot sheep fans that get wowed by laser lights.

um, you realize, TS, that the only reason you know about this thing is because they created a reality show that was half Real World, half Survivor and half Big Brother, right?

That's one too many halves, but yeah, you're absolutely right.

It means that the same assholes that have been complaining that the UFC should be moving towards the entertainment side will critcize the UFC for doing so.

It doesn't mean anything as long as the fights are still legitimate.

3 halves, exactly. You know what else has three halves?

"Half man, half bear, and half pig."

That can't be a coincidence, SeattleFightFan is ManBearPig!

So he's lying about living is Seattle?

The man is pure evil.

Back