what does an armbar feel like

Bulletproof

Black Belt
Reaction score
heel hooks and arm cranks/keylocks/kimura look really painful but armbars dont look so painful on tv, what sort of pain do u get from one, is all the pain in the shoulder or the entire arm?

As your driving stick your arm out the window and try to hit an oncoming car.

you can feel the elbow starting to hyperextend its pretty obvious if someone does it slowly youll know when to tap. if you dont it hurts like a bitch, see tim sylvia vs frank mir what a sloppy armbar can do

Hyper-extend your arm and you will find out.

Your arm will break in half, it feels like your arm will snap in half.

were you watching the silva and mir fight?

when i saw tim sylvia his elbow was basically pushed inward so it wasnt really a pulling motion but more of a pushing force, armbars give me the impression of someone pulling something.

Bulletproof said:
when i saw tim sylvia his elbow was basically pushed inward so it wasnt really a pulling motion but more of a pushing force, armbars give me the impression of someone pulling something.
it is a pushing force, your pushing up with your hips and pushing their elbow into the other side of the arm

armbar doesn't hurt at all! it's a MMA myth!

Your hips push the elbow up while you pull the arm down, in process hyperextending it.

how could you be a memebr for so long and ask such a stupid question?

if you take any limb and bend it the wrong way it will hurt... you really dont need to be a genius to figure it out

HellSent said:

if you take any limb and bend it the wrong way it will hurt... you really dont need to be a genius to figure it out

yes that's obvious but I wanted a better understanding of it and now I do know.

HellSent said:

Don't be such a dick. He is just asking.

You must have felt the sensation once in your life at one point or another.......

If your REALLY curious and cant ask anyone to peform it on you then I suggest the following.

Put your arm in a drawer, stick your whole fore arm in and stop at the elbow joint, now drop down as fast as you can and leave your arm in the drawer from the elbow!

is this a serious question?

I mean...there are people that are new to the sport...and people who are retarded.

I hope you don't drown in your own drool.

Applied properly, an armbar is really painful....like someone sticking a knife into your elbow joint.

Big_One said:
Applied properly, an armbar is really painful....like someone sticking a knife into your elbow joint.

A knife?!? I must've missed something.

Back