what do you think of this guy's insane workout?

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

7:19 and 13:10 have some of his crazier moments.

I like it. He's crazy as shit and turns everything into a full-body partial bicep curl, but he's a professional champion armwrestler so clearly his training style is functional for him. Aside from swinging around the machines like Batman, he seems to lift very heavy partials for high reps, combined with fatigued static holds, and turns everything into a full-body compound.

That's crazy but obviously works for him. I saw him doing pull downs with the entire stack but can he do tricep pressdowns with the whole stack? That's the mark of a true champion.

Would probably be completely pointless for anyone not interested in being a competitive arm wrestler. I also see many things about it that could result in injuries for the average person. In the end, it works for him, because of his individual needs.

Dangerous, inefficient, and stupid

If Ed Coan told you to do bosu ball barbell squats, would you listen to him?

jump to 3:51 of this vid to see some crazy strong sport-specific armwrestling training, which looks much more sensible and a hell of a lot more badass

Last edited:
I got a good laugh.

Who knows? Maybe he's 20 years ahead of current S&C, definitely possible. Clearly it's working for him.

But you know, a lot of the time people are successful in spite of, not because of, what they do. Bill Rodger's Mayo come to mind.

jump to 3:51 of this vid to see some crazy strong sport-specific armwrestling training, which looks much more sensible and a hell of a lot more badass

What a beast. Hm, says on his wikipedia he's been a 'vegan for 3 years as of 2014'. Wonder what he looks like now compared to then.

Also interesting combination: bobsleigh olympic gold medalist x2 and armwrestling champ.

Video was a bit long, but what I saw, I liked. I mean- extremely heavy, entirely curl based workouts? What's not to like?

Also, does anyone know who this is?

arm-wrestling-girl.jpg

Back