What Do You Think Are Some Of The Worst Movies Ever Made?

Congo is a fucking classic

Honestly I remember enjoying it even at the time simply because it was so fun in an era of a lot of rather bland blockbusters.

Thats really the problem with a lot of "worst" lists, there often films which do have a bit of fun/character to them even if there badly made in a lot of ways.

The real "worst" films are often hard to name because their just generic and forgettable.

I know the latest trilogy wasn't very good either, but no-one is going to convince me it is as bad as the sustained trainwreck that is the prequels.

The sequel trilogy is worse.

The prequels were, at least, the vision of George Lucas, and its worth mentioning its a 'space opera' and for those who are familiar with the storylines of opera the dialoge fits nearly perfectly with the genre.

As for the sequels, take the heart & soul out of the franchise, replace it was DEI social agendas, and the rest is Hollywood-Corporate Disney drivel.

And speaking as a Star Wars fan, the prequel era was the absolute best for the Expanded Universe - The Books (Both prequel & post Ep6 eras), the graphic novels, & video games.

Despite the questionable quality of the prequels it was the overall best for everything else.

Name another franchise that could release a 19-book series over the course of four years.

OIP.nkCvIUoHh8vPrCgQvkcKlQHaHu

Donnie Darko

I've watched it once, and didn't enjoy it at all.

I hear 'its one of those movies you have to watch a few times to really get.' Um... no. If you don't 'get' a movie upon 1st viewing, then its a poorly constructed movie. No external source of information, or theory, should 'redeem' a movie because everything should be contained within the narrative itself for it to be considered a complete story.

Skinamarink

Look I’m all about originality in filmmaking and trying something new. However there are also filmmakers who just try to be different simply for the purpose of being different, and I felt that was the case with this film.

It did not feel like an innovative filmmaker trying to be innovative. It felt like a film school student trying to show how cool/intellectual he can be with a small budget.

It’s simply a really bad movie imo.

Terminator 4 was utter shit.

Everything Steven Seagal has done in the last few decades is terrible. But there also are so bad that I think it goes 360º and end up being good.

I can't believe some of these picks. Maybe some of you just haven't seen enough movies lol. For me I won't go with movies that were made on a shoestring in someone's garage. Purposely bad or camp. I wont include those terrible spoofs because they are all bad.
For Me:
Any Uwe Boll movie
Mamma Mia-Hate Abba
Eye of The Beholder-Ewan McGregor and Ashley Judd, horrifically boring and stupid.
In The Name of The King: A Dragon Siege Tale--Miscast garbage starring Jason Statham, Ray Liotta.
Spiral: From The Book of Saw-I thought this was a spoof 10 minutes in. Dull, weirdly shot, and Rock is horrific.
Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever--Banderas and Liu star in this toilet trash.

Gladiator
The Dark Knight
Superman 3
Under Siege
The Matrix 2 & 3
Back to the Future 2

The Conqueror has to be up there for movies that were made with the well intention of not being absolute dogshit. John Wayne played Genghis Khan. It's as bad as it sounds.

Filmed downwind of a nuclear testing site. Many of the crew/cast died of cancer. Just a shit show all around.

p18304710_v_h9_ah.jpg
This movie had all the potential in the world and did nothing with it.
Screenshot_20240219-041123~2.png

Back