What do you think about Italy and Italian people?

FRANKIE 総統;98942009 said:
I think most groups in America are guilty of this lately. I dated an Irish American woman that constantly talked about Irish and Ireland, given her family had been in the US for at least a three generations. My brother does it with Africa, and I constantly tell him that Africa isn't a country. On Italians, there's a few on west coast, never had a real issues with them, seem like nice, warm people.

Yeah, the Irish thing is very strong. Do the actual Irish get pissed off when like 1/3 of America considers themselves Irishmen?

I thank them for pizza, Robert deniro, sly stallone, and yeah....

The Country has an amazing history and great food
The women are amazing in bed and generally good to great cooks, dated one for awhile who made noodles, sauce, everything from scratch

They tend to age bad tho

Yeah, the Irish thing is very strong. Do the actual Irish get pissed off when like 1/3 of America considers themselves Irishmen?

I hear they make fun of Irish Americans but I don't know for sure.

Hairiest women I've ever seen.

People of Italian background in Australia are great and have contributed heaps to our local culture. For some reason they seem to have fit into our way of life better than some other cultures, many other groups of immigrants tend to keep to themselves more and don't get involved in our customs as much.

And Italian women age very gracefully too, the lady at our local pizza shop would be 50 odd and I'd still give her one, good looking and great rack too!

The nice thing about being rescued by Italians? They feed you, make you drink red wine, then you get to dance.

I've never been, but it's on the top of the list for countries to visit.

FRANKIE 総統;98942009 said:
I think most groups in America are guilty of this lately. I dated an Irish American woman that constantly talked about Irish and Ireland, given her family had been in the US for at least a three generations. My brother does it with Africa, and I constantly tell him that Africa isn't a country. On Italians, there's a few on west coast, never had a real issues with them, seem like nice, warm people.

I feel like I'm one of the few Americans that call themselves Americans.

I was expecting them to be nicer than the French and they weren't.

But loved the place, will go back.

Napoli was fucking rough however.

Favourite thing was walking around in Rome lost as shit, found some little church not mentioned on any maps I had walked in and they were in the process of digging out a few century old church that found underneath the existing one. Shit like this would be massive news in almost any country but in Rome it wasn't even worth mentioning on a a tourist map.

Oh and I have an italian mate from a massively italian family, they have been here like 2 or 3 generations and they still do all that old stuff like have 100 people over making tomatoe sauce, canoli's, ravoli and that kind of stuff.

Oh and every B day party will have literally almost 200 people and it seems like every other guy there in named Vince.

The nice thing about being rescued by Italians? They feed you, make you drink red wine, then you get to dance.

I've never been, but it's on the top of the list for countries to visit.

Go to Russia, they practically force feed you.

Go to an older Russian's house and they will barely even talk to you until you've eaten. There is no walk in sit on the couch for quick chat and then eat in a bit, instead you walk in and get shown straight to your seat at the table, every fucking time.

Greeks and Italians are bad for this, but Russian are way worse in my experience.

People of Italian background in Australia are great and have contributed heaps to our local culture. For some reason they seem to have fit into our way of life better than some other cultures, many other groups of immigrants tend to keep to themselves more and don't get involved in our customs as much.

And Italian women age very gracefully too, the lady at our local pizza shop would be 50 odd and I'd still give her one, good looking and great rack too!

I agree they do seem to fit in very well, but they do also seem to retain many of their old customs at the same time.

But maybe its just because you are around my age (pure guess) and we never saw the hate they got when they first started arriving.

I like Italy and Italian people. I was there a couple of years ago and it was a very nice country with great people(mostly). I went to Milan, Venice, Florence, Rome, and Naples. I really enjoyed everywhere I went and can't really think of any negative experiences.

Side rant: I, on the other hand, do not really like Italian Americans. Some are okay, but they are less pleasant than actual Italians in my experience. Additionally, the whole idea of people who have been in the United States for several generations calling themselves something else is strange to me. I'm not English and you aren't Italian.

Go to Russia, they practically force feed you.

Go to an older Russian's house and they will barely even talk to you until you've eaten. There is no walk in sit on the couch for quick chat and then eat in a bit, instead you walk in and get shown straight to your seat at the table, every fucking time.

Greeks and Italians are bad for this, but Russian are way worse in my experience.

That's kind of surprising. Most people couldn't tell you a single Russian food. Maybe borscht or something.

That's kind of surprising. Most people couldn't tell you a single Russian food. Maybe borscht or something.

Beef Stroganov, Caviar and Potatoe pancakes would be some other common ones.
They also do these things which are kind of like pies but have a drier filling.

Their food is usually pretty hearty and simple.

Back