What do you think about bones jones comments wanting klitschko when he couldnt

MMAATHLETE

Fan of MMA before there were fans of MMA
Reaction score
outstrike gus and get his face beat up in the process. he is talking about it being a boxing match so there is no threat of takedown to make things worse for him. klitschko! wow what do you guys think:confused: haha

Jones would break him down midway through the fight after outjabbing him. Jones' slickness, cultivated while coming up in the the slums of New York, would be too much for the robotic Ukrainian. The title would come back to America.

He wants that payday.

Also those kind of comments make it seem like MMA is still Boxing's little brother.

I think it's more about hype than anything, keeping his name in the headlines while he has a long layoff (after the Gus fight). Calling out a well-known boxer is bound to get some attention both from mainstream media and a non-MMA audience; while at least some of this attention may generate negative responses, it's still free publicity for himself and for Zuffa.

I don't think any knowledgeable MMA or boxing fan thinks Jones stands much of a chance against either Klitschko brother or any ranked HWT boxer.

Do people really think that Jon said he could beat the Klitschkos right now? He didn't even say he'd win anyway, just that he'd someday maybe be interested in a boxing match with one of them.

I think it's more about hype than anything, keeping his name in the headlines while he has a long layoff (after the Gus fight). Calling out a well-known boxer is bound to get some attention both from mainstream media and a non-MMA audience; while at least some of this attention may generate negative responses, it's still free publicity for himself and for Zuffa.

yea maybe that is why he would make such a comment, like you said keep his name in the headlines. he sees anderson wanting a roy jones fight and gsp talked wrestling so he gotta try and think of something haha

Do people really think that Jon said he could beat the Klitschkos right now? He didn't even say he'd win anyway, just that he'd someday maybe be interested in a boxing match with one of them.

your saying he mentioned fighting a klitschko bc he thought he would loose to either of them? I dont think that is it.

your saying he mentioned fighting a klitschko bc he thought he would loose to either of them? I dont think that is it.

He didn't say he'd lose either, just that he'd be interested in competing against them.

it was a foolish statement, even if tossed out casually, and it's an embarrassment for MMA as a sport. obviously it's not the worst thing he could say, but it just looks stupid, especially after he took a beating at LHW in the standup.

Any MMA fighter would get schooled by Klitschko in boxing, even JDS.

Different worlds.

Jones would break him down midway through the fight after outjabbing him. Jones' slickness, cultivated while coming up in the the slums of New York, would be too much for the robotic Ukrainian. The title would come back to America.

Was just going to say this

it was a foolish statement, even if tossed out casually, and it's an embarrassment for MMA as a sport. obviously it's not the worst thing he could say, but it just looks stupid, especially after he took a beating at LHW in the standup.

yea for the mostpart from your reply I think you got some good points!

plus no one has mentioned klitschkos size reach and jab

going fukn 12 rounds!!!!!!!!!!! think about it jones nuthuggers before commenting.

he did outstrike gus. Watch the fight.

plus no he comes back and says he watched the gus fight and doesnt think gus should get a rematch. If he wanted to prove his dominance and striking rematch gus immediately?

Just for the record, I don't think Jon would stand a chance in a boxing match with any high level heavyweight boxer now or anytime in the next five years. I'm not delusional.

Any MMA fighter would get schooled by Klitschko in boxing, even JDS.

Different worlds.

I'd say no ufc heavyweight fighters and even lhws should be in a hurry to try and take on a klitschko in a pro boxing match if they are trying to actually win and not just cash out

I think the same thing now as I did when he first made that ridiculous statement - he would get knocked the f**k out within the first three rounds. Either of those two brothers would own Jones in a boxing match......

I think its becoming an mma curse. JDS before the second cain fight was talking about fighting them and then got severely outstruck, which had never happened to him before. Jones before fighting gus said he wanted to fight them, and then he as well was heavily out boxed.

Back