What do you pay for MMA training and how much instructing do you get?

Where I train I pay 85 dollars a month for M, W, F, BJJ and Tue, Thurs, Sun, MMA. OPen Mat on Saturdays. The classes are usually an hour and 20 minutes...

I know this is an old thread - but I thought it was best to bring it back to life rather than start my own.

I was wondering how much fellow UK'ers pay to train? I'm based in London (South East/Central) and the costs seem a little excessive... if anyone knows of a good, cheap(ish) place to train then please feel free to share.

I'd be fairly suspicious about UK gyms because MMA has shot up so considerably in recent years due to recent expansion. While the US has had many mixed academies since long before the TUF boom, the UK hasn't had many famed gyms or MMArtists until Bisping. Maybe I'm stereotyping here, but I'd definitely be worried about McDojos trying to capitalize on the UK MMA fad.

And just as an update, I ended up training at the place for a month, and was fairly happy with the instructing, but ended up not continuing due to generally bad chemistry with the members and not enough money/time to make the training consistent.

I'd be fairly suspicious about UK gyms because MMA has shot up so considerably in recent years due to recent expansion. While the US has had many mixed academies since long before the TUF boom, the UK hasn't had many famed gyms or MMArtists until Bisping. Maybe I'm stereotyping here, but I'd definitely be worried about McDojos trying to capitalize on the UK MMA fad.

And just as an update, I ended up training at the place for a month, and was fairly happy with the instructing, but ended up not continuing due to generally bad chemistry with the members and not enough money/time to make the training consistent.

That is exactly what I am afraid of. There is of course London Shootfighters - but unfortunately that is just slightly too far out of my way to be able to realistically train there on a regular basis. The MMA clinic which I am currently looking at is a 'private' club with a membership cap of 150 people - it has it's own White collar boxing league, a 30ft cage, boxing ring and 20ish bags - but it's pretty steep at

Doing purely BJJ and submission wrestling training I pay

Back