What do you guys think of this ab routine?

Too me... nothing says athletic like a 15 second ecccentric swiss ball crunch.

other than that it's an ok routine.

wow, click on the word fitness in boonies post, or mine for that matter and you get bowflex!

Urban said:
Too me... nothing says athletic like a 15 second ecccentric swiss ball crunch.

other than that it's an ok routine.

thanks for the reply Urban. I'll start it tomorrow then. My ab workout seriously needs a change up.

Having a whole ab routine sounds like a waste of time to me, whats wrong with just tacking one ab exercise on the end of a lifting session? You should be getting plenty of indirect ab work from heavy Squatting and Deadlifting anyway, but it's your call.

You know, I would actually do more like funkster said. Just tack on your superset of choice at the end of a workout. I can't beleive he reccomended 15 second eccentric swiss ball crunches though... does anyone else think that's weird?

That would work the Abs more as a stabilizer.

Does Boondocksaint train for a sport?

boondock, you might want to try arms extended pushups. you put your hands out like your doing that ab wheel thing and do pushups from there. i seem to find them harder than just holding it. just a thought

Urban said:
You know, I would actually do more like funkster said. Just tack on your superset of choice at the end of a workout. I can't beleive he reccomended 15 second eccentric swiss ball crunches though... does anyone else think that's weird?

actually, I was planning on doing that anyway.

And no, I don't think that is too weird. I'm down for trying new things.

Ted-P said:

Does Boondocksaint train for a sport?

BJJ 4 times a week
boxing 3 times a week.
lift 3 times a week.

Boondocksaint said:
BJJ 4 times a week
boxing 3 times a week.
lift 3 times a week.
Yea then it would be a great idea to train core movements instead of just stabilizers.

PLenty of Table tops..They are awesome..4 sets of 30 seconds each..youll be sore for days..Great workout!!

Ted-P said:
I also suggested using direct work too and the strength required to stablise your core when performing a heavy Deadlift or Squat is not to be underestimated.

Doing that much MMA training every week his core should already be getting a pretty serious hammering anyway, so a whole extra ab routine seems pretty unecessary to me.

Urban said:

I don't think it's weird for bodybuilders, but yeah, it seemed kind of out of place to me. I'll ask my boss what that's designed to do.

Back