What do you guys think of Bob Arum?

A complete idiot for hyping up De La Hoya-Campas by claiming Campas was given an

elixir by a Shaman for strength....

the same elixir that was given to Mexicans against the French.....

by a Shamman....

like I said, what an Idiot.

My personal favorite though was when he said Almazbek Raiymkulov meant Kid Diamond in english.

He's your typical promoter....in other words he's full of shit. Honestly though if he wasn't a boxing promoter, you'd think he'd be a car salesman or something.

On a side note what is the overall view of golden Boy Promotions. I havent heard anything negative but they're fairly new.

A complete idiot for hyping up De La Hoya-Campas by claiming Campas was given an

elixir by a Shaman for strength....

the same elixir that was given to Mexicans against the French.....

by a Shamman....

like I said, what an Idiot.

My personal favorite though was when he said Almazbek Raiymkulov meant Kid Diamond in english.

Almaz means diamond in Russian. Sorry to defeat your argument entirely with a 4.5 word sentence.

He's your typical promoter....in other words he's full of shit. Honestly though if he wasn't a boxing promoter, you'd think he'd be a car salesman or something.

Well, he was a DoJ lawyer before he promoted so he'd probably be a senior partner at a big law firm somewhere by now.

I was indifferent about him, until I saw the interview were he gives us his opinion on ultimate fightin'.
Now I like him :icon_chee

Hah, This is basically how I feel.

He's done a few odd things in my eyes but You have to respect him for being the top promoter for so damn long. I'm not exactly how far he goes back, at least the 70's; That's impressive as hell.

He's very intelligent, no doubt about that. And what makes him interesting is to see someone that intelligent and soft-spoken (mostly) get into the dirty boxing business.

Mostly negative at this point. He could do so much more to elevate the sport if he actually put out a decent undercard. Also, I like what GBP has been doing, so far.

Hah, This is basically how I feel.

He's done a few odd things in my eyes but You have to respect him for being the top promoter for so damn long. I'm not exactly how far he goes back, at least the 70's; That's impressive as hell.

Arum got his start in the sport by investigating it as a federal worker of some sort. He saw the reciepts and saw how much money could be made. He was a lawyer by trade. He joined with Muhammad Ali in the 60's (I've stated that Ali as well as Tyson created whole generations of careers for many people before) Unlike King, he never fucked over Ali so that gained him points in my book.

People actually respect him for his comments about MMA and it's fanbase?The ignorance I witness in this forum ceases to amaze me.

He joined with Muhammad Ali in the 60's (I've stated that Ali as well as Tyson created whole generations of careers for many people before) Unlike King, he never fucked over Ali so that gained him points in my book.

The Arum I read about in Hauser's biography of Ali sure seems different than the Arum of late.

For example, continuing to push Margarito is pretty disgusting. There have been some other examples, but that one pops to mind. His habit of pretty much having his stable of fighters only fight each other is also annoying, but of course he is not alone in that regard.

On a side note what is the overall view of golden Boy Promotions. I havent heard anything negative but they're fairly new.

They do the same shit as everybody.

Earlier, somebody mentioned Jack Newfield's book "The Life and Crimes of Don King." Really an excellent hit piece on how deals get made in boxing, and just the types of individuals who are involved. Worth a read by any boxing fan.

People actually respect him for his comments about MMA and it's fanbase?The ignorance I witness in this forum ceases to amaze me.

Well, he was at some kind of boxing promotion hyping up a fight. Then some MMA reporter comes and starts asking him a ton of questions about MMA and trying his hardest to bait Arum into saying something derogatory about MMA.

Arum doesn't like MMA, you arn't entitled too. A smartass reporter badgered him and he basically said "fuck it" and just said what he wanted. Then the MMA fans get butt-hurt that he said his opinion. If you dont want his opinion, don't ask for it.

These same MMA fans will do nothing but defend Dana when he talks shit about boxing though.

People respect him for speaking his mind and acting like an asshole to a reporter that had it coming.

Ariel Helwani is an MMA "reporter" now?

Ha, could of fooled me.

Well, he was at some kind of boxing promotion hyping up a fight. Then some MMA reporter comes and starts asking him a ton of questions about MMA and trying his hardest to bait Arum into saying something derogatory about MMA.

Arum doesn't like MMA, you arn't entitled too. A smartass reporter badgered him and he basically said "fuck it" and just said what he wanted. Then the MMA fans get butt-hurt that he said his opinion. If you dont want his opinion, don't ask for it.

These same MMA fans will do nothing but defend Dana when he talks shit about boxing though.

People respect him for speaking his mind and acting like an asshole to a reporter that had it coming.

I guess you can see it that way but this not the first time Arum has said something stupid. Dana and Arum are the same to me. They both lie out of their ass and that just about sums it up. Thats what Promoters are there for.

Back