What do you guys do between matches (tournament)?

i eat a couple of these things called accel gel and drink a modest amount of water. watch my opponents and see if i can pick up on what they really like to do so i maybe will have an idea of where they are going to try and take our match, and lay down and close my eyes.

my best advice is to keep warm, and maybe light light sparring just to keep you on top. If u rest and cool down, ur body will lose all the advantages from ur pre-tourni warm ups. I find it good to have a partner. Keep stretching, give each other little tips to remember, drink very small amount of water(a few sips at a time), eat light snacks, you don't wanna fill ur tummy with water or food(not fun during a match). Really tho focus on staying warm and keeping ur mind on the game. Once u start to rest ur body goes in to "recover mood" and i find u can't really compete at ur max. That being all said, my buddy likes to go smoke a phatty b4 each match and chill out. Seems to really work for him so i guess everyone has their own pre fight thing

i always have my endurox ready to go and start sipping on it right when my match is over. i also try to just keep moving around.

sounds rough...i'm competing at my first grappling tournaemnt in Wildwood, NJ in the beginning of

august. I'm def. about to start working heavily on my cardio.

Back