What do u put on aching muslces after a weight workout

IronMikeTyson69

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Got real bad calf ach and wondered if any one had any homemade cures i could try other then a cold bath :icon_surp

take two ibuprofen pills and a glass of water... put pills in mouth, drink water while swallowing pills.

tiger balm red always does the trick for me

nothing, typically, but if you want something to rub on yourself, cryogel is the best.

Ice pack after workout.

Also take Vitamin C, Green Tea, plenty of water and protien. (If it is just muscle soreness). Walking stretching the next day too.

potassium right after lifting sometimes help clear the lactic acid...so eat a banana.

If you can't handle the soreness, then don't train. HAHA, I'm so macho :D

Seriously, I didn't know there was something that could alleviate the pain, obviously there is ...

> Run hot water on them after a workout.
> Stretch after a workout.
> Use supplements like creatine and glutamine for faster recovery.

Urban said:
take two ibuprofen pills and a glass of water... put pills in mouth, drink water while swallowing pills.

This is really the only thing that has worked for me. Be careful of taking TOO MUCH ibuprofen though, it can sometimes cause heartburn/acid reflux.

Speaking of pain, sometimes a day or two after squats I get this annoying ache across my back, right under the shoulder blades. It goes away, and I watch my squat form, but it happens anyway.

Ibuprofen helps, but just wondering what pains others associate with squats (if any).

Freeze water in a plastic cup and cut off the top half of cup leaving a few inches of ice on the top. Use that in circular motions on your calves

Placebo_ said:
Freeze water in a plastic cup and cut off the top half of cup leaving a few inches of ice on the top. Use that in circular motions on your calves

I did that when I got shin splints.

marijuana: then sit back and enjoy the pain...good for existential pain too..

Get some stuff called DMSO. Best in the world for aching muscles and joints. Some health food stores have it or you can get it off the internet. Also stores that sell animal feed and supplies carry it. Owners put it on their race horses when they get swollen tendons and other similar problems.

Back