What do the experts at Sherdog think about a 5 championship fight Dec. 5 card?

5 title fights? I could see maybe 3 one day tops, but in the case of title fights more isn't always better. The two cards I can think of with 3 title fights, UFC 33 and Strikeforce:Nashville sucked.

The problem with that is it kills momentum for the UFC for the following 3-6 months... PPVs without title fights dont usually draw well and you would blow your wad with that card, then there would be a backlog to get them going again.

It's not necessary to have a big card though.

2 title fights.
HW top-5 fight
2 title-contender fights
1 "name" fight. (Think Henderson v. Shogun)

They did 3 title fights in one event once and the result was a disaster. If I remember correctly Dana swore to never do it again.

The problem with that is it kills momentum for the UFC for the following 3-6 months... PPVs without title fights dont usually draw well and you would blow your wad with that card, then there would be a backlog to get them going again.

It's not necessary to have a big card though.

2 title fights.
HW top-5 fight
2 title-contender fights
1 "name" fight. (Think Henderson v. Shogun)

That is one problem, another is broadcast wise they have to allow at least35-40 mins for 5 round fights if not more in case they go the distance (including walkouts, intro, time between rounds, post fight interviews etc). Imagine they did just 3 title fights and all were finished in the first round. They would have to replay all of the prelims again on the main card which I fucking hate!

Then we will whine because there's no Ppv caliber fights for the next two months.

i dont think its neccesasry to blow their wad like that.IF everything was a title fight it would decrease the value of the individual fights. You can make a card just as good without having 5 title fights.

Its actually more exciting to me to have a title fight and a #1 contenders fight for the same belt earlier on in the night. It adds a tourney flavor to it.

Never happen. The ufc would lose $ because they will stretch those fights to 3 cards and bank on attendance and sponsors. Would be awesome, but only pride would do that. The ufc could follow in prides footsteps and have a grand Prix..spread out over 2-3 events..that would be awesome...
Do heavyweights..and they have plenty of top competition..and would be perfect for Fedor's return..as he would be able to fight a warmup type fight in the first pairings.

I'd only pay regular price for that card.

Give me

McGregor/Aldo
Arlovski/Werdum
RDA/Cowboy II
Dillashaw/Cruz
Rousey/Tate III

I'll pay 150 for that.

You'd rather watch RDA vs Cowboy 2 and Tate vs ronda 3 more?

Why would you want to rewatch 2 squash matches?

I don't want to watch a 5 hour ppv.

You'd rather watch RDA vs Cowboy 2 and Tate vs ronda 3 more?

Why would you want to rewatch 2 squash matches?

Cause I bet Cowboy Takes RDA out in a rematch and becomes the new LW Champion of the World. WHAT?!

And I just left Miesha vs Ronda cause the OP had it and I didnt feel like thinkin of a 5th fight.

What I look forward to is the following 5 months of "OMG These cards are so weak! UFC is dying!!!"

Would be a major failure because half of them will pull Out.

Only interested in 2 of them fights

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back