What do i need for...

Casparr

White Belt
Reaction score
A home gym:D

I have some spare money for a home Gym and i want to build one cause my gym does not have a squat rack or a power rack. I have around 1700 euro to spend and i thought i could get a nice list of equippment, but i am not sure what kind of to buy .. If any would be kind enough to help?

I am creating a home gym and I put into it:

- a powerrack

Just keep adding, guys :D

I recently helped someone with a home gym. We got:
Powertec Powerrack (incl. Dip/Pullup thingy)
Powertec Bench
2 Olympic Bars
220kg Bumper Plates

3 and 5kg Medicine Ball
20kg Weighted Vest
EliteFTS Sled
Dip Belt
Abwheel

150cm Sandbag
4m^2 Wrestling Mats
Concept II Rower (used)

Rubber Floor around 20m^2
Olympic Platform around 3,5m^2

Total Cost ~ 3000€

I would start with a rack, a bench, a barbell, barbell weights. This should run to about 900-1200€ I would guess.

Can't really add much to takeahnase's list, but some grip equipment would be good...grippers, sledge, thick bar...

In terms of self-made equipment, I would add a Prowler, Farmer's Handles and Sandbags (the sandbag in the list above is actually a boxing heavy bag).

Of that stuff take, the rower was what - about

Squat rack, several hundred pounds of weight.

A home gym:D

I have some spare money for a home Gym and i want to build one cause my gym does not have a squat rack or a power rack. I have around 1700 euro to spend and i thought i could get a nice list of equippment, but i am not sure what kind of to buy .. If any would be kind enough to help?

What are your goals? How much room do you have? Do you have a yard as well?

In general tak's list is pretty solid, though you could probably trim a lot of that off depending on your goals and your mechanical aptitude.

Tak do you mind posting the price break down per item?

The absolute basics are a power rack (home made or purchased), a oly platform if you intend to do those lifts, a good barbell, and some bumper plates. Of those things the barbell and the bumper plates are the only things that cannot really be made yourself.

Unfortunately, it would be too much effort to track down the individual items. I did not put a lot of effort into finding deals, as we had pretty much unlimited funds (10000

What are your goals? How much room do you have? Do you have a yard as well?

In general tak's list is pretty solid, though you could probably trim a lot of that off depending on your goals and your mechanical aptitude.

The absolute basics are a power rack (home made or purchased), a oly platform if you intend to do those lifts, a good barbell, and some bumper plates. Of those things the barbell and the bumper plates are the only things that cannot really be made yourself.

I have a nice large back yard and i have a large basement with enough space to do overhead pressed etc.

If I had the stuff in tak's list... I don't think I would ever leave my house. For real.

Get yourself a nice rack that has pullup and dip bars, a nice bar and enough weights. Then get some cardio equipment like a rower or an airdyne, and some fighting stuff.

Also get a huge widescreen plasma and the Rocky boxset and have that playing on loop in your home gym 24/7.

Back