• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

You said to charge the driver.

Pretty sure I said issue an arrest warrant for the vehicle owner and if he's not the running man then release the video of the guy to the public in hopes of an ID. No clue how you came up with trumped up charges out of that. Other than you're a cop and things like that and shooting people in the back as the run away is just part of your way of life. :eek::D

Pretty sure I said issue an arrest warrant for the vehicle owner and if he's not the running man then release the video of the guy to the public in hopes of an ID. No clue how you came up with trumped up charges out of that. Other than you're a cop and things like that and shooting people in the back as the run away is just part of your way of life. :eek::D

Yeah we try to shoot at least a dozen people a day. In the back. That's realistic.

Just admit the guy with a gun in his hand, running away from the cop was wrong for doing so, and we can move on.

lol with no cops around, the criminals would have a feast .. it would turn into a war zone of crime .. if you no one is around to check you, the mischievous element will come out to play and play frequently
Yea. They cant take of themselves. They need our help and our policing!

We know

Yeah we try to shoot at least a dozen people a day. In the back. That's realistic.

Just admit the guy with a gun in his hand, running away from the cop was wrong for doing so, and we can move on.

Or you can admit you misread what I said and go back an give an intelligent response that doesn't involve your reading mistake. Otherwise I'm good. Besides, I lose interest in discussions where the other party expects me to go back over a 350 post thread to look for answers given to other posters rather than extending the courtesy of repeating or quoting themselves.

Yea. They cant take of themselves. They need our help and our policing!

We know

It's the thin blue line, without it you just have a normal flag, is that what you really want?

I’m not familiar with Tennessee’s penal code section covering carrying so perhaps.
To be fair I just Googled it because I figured it was relevant. If this happened in a state that did have brandishing laws and didn't allow open carry then the cop would have more of an argument because he would've witness a crime in progress. I still don't think it justifies shooting him in the back but at least he'd have more grounds to chase him.
You're the cop. What EXACTLY do you do in this situation?
Chase him and try to catch him. If he turns the gun on me blow him away of course but as long as he's running away from me I wouldn't think it appropriate to shoot him in the back.

Chase him and try to catch him. If he turns the gun on me blow him away of course but as long as he's running away from me I wouldn't think it appropriate to shoot him in the back.

raw

Been doing this for over 2 decades so I don't have patience for bullshit, nor am I concerned about being PC about the world I work in. So if that's what you're getting at, you are absolutely right.

I follow procedure, because that's my job. I give stock answers, because that's what often works in the real world. I give my opinion as I did in this thread when I see cops get railroaded for doing their jobs, especially after getting attacked by know it all sherbros that just want to shit on us.

So you're defensive because you feel like the cop is being treated unfairly in this thread? You know what cops go through and you can relate to the cop in question, so you've taken the attacks on him as somehow attacks on all cops, including you?

Could you...maybe see how a lot of people feel the same way about the civilian? Maybe they can relate better to him, so they're in this thread to defend his behavior?

It's all tribal thinking. That's fine, we're humans. The only difference, to me, is that the person you're defending is alive whereas the person the other people in this thread are defending is dead. Your tribal feelings are putting you on the side of the person with a lawyer and legal system that will sort his fate rather than the side of the person whose life is over. Seems kinda wrongheaded.

To be fair I just Googled it because I figured it was relevant. If this happened in a state that did have brandishing laws and didn't allow open carry then the cop would have more of an argument because he would've witness a crime in progress. I still don't think it justifies shooting him in the back but at least he'd have more grounds to chase him.

The problem is that if he turns the gun on you he will be able to shoot you multiple times before you have a chance to draw and fire your own weapon just based on natural human reaction times. Just watch that recent vid where the female officer gets shot by a guy who pullls the gun out as he exits his car, or the militar dude who steps out and starts walking back toward the cop before pulling a gun and shooting him.

That’s why the courts give cops leeway in not forcing them to wait until they are actually being shot at to engage. The bad guy will get the first few shots off everytime if you are waiting for him to point the gun directly at you.

The problem is that if he turns the gun on you he will be able to shoot you multiple times before you have a chance to draw and fire your own weapon just based on natural human reaction times. Just watch that recent vid where the female officer gets shot by a guy who pullls the gun out as he exits his car, or the militar dude who steps out and starts walking back toward the cop before pulling a gun and shooting him.

That’s why the courts give cops leeway in not forcing them to wait until they are actually being shot at to engage. The bad guy will get the first few shots off everytime if you are waiting for him to point the gun directly at you.

This is why we have shootings like the poor man in AZ. Forced to crawl begging for his life. The officers didn't have to Identify a threat before shooting. This is a case where, yes the man had a gun, but the officer was not in immediate danger. The officer had he gun drawn and a better angle to react.

He was charged with murder for shooting a man in the back that was not threatening anyone at the time. The bootlickers will always side with the cops.

“Tennessee law permits a police officer to use deadly force when there is a danger to others,” Raybin said. “Officer Delke was protecting himself, his backup officers and the public.”

I thoughy right wingers were pro open carry?

Ooo nevermind, he is black.

I don't have a strong opinion about open carry atm but I don't think running from the police and ignoring his orders qualifies as a lawful open carry.

“Tennessee law permits a police officer to use deadly force when there is a danger to others,” Raybin said. “Officer Delke was protecting himself, his backup officers and the public.”

When in the video did he protect anyone? Don't give me any of those "what ifs".

I love how when deceased got pulled over by the cop, he had a few moments to think about what would be the best thing for him to do right now and the conclusion he came to was... BRANDISH MY GUN AND START RUNNING!

200.gif

This is why we have shootings like the poor man in AZ. Forced to crawl begging for his life. The officers didn't have to Identify a threat before shooting. This is a case where, yes the man had a gun, but the officer was not in immediate danger. The officer had he gun drawn and a better angle to react.

No that shooting was because of retarded cops and poor leadership on scene. (If that’s the hallway guy pulling his pants up one)

This one isn’t.

No that shooting was because of retarded cops and poor leadership on scene.

This one isn’t.

But we didn't get a conviction because of how the courts treat cops. The leeway you were just talking about.

I love how when deceased got pulled over by the cop, he had a few moments to think about what would be the best thing for him to do right now and the conclusion he came to was... BRANDISH MY GUN AND START RUNNING!

200.gif
Probably should have left the Beretta behind. Then we would have had a tazering video, which is always fun.

There should’ve been there. Not here.

But you do understand how giving the cops such leeway, over what civilians are held to, has led us to were even shooting such as this receive backlash?

Back