• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime What did the cops do wrong today. Vol. 1

I live in a Stand your Ground state and I think the law is dumb because the law is loosely being applied to any confrontational situation.

Does getting shoved hard to the ground really warrant pulling your gun out and blasting another's brains out on to the pavement? I personally don't think so. The guy likely acted in a heat of the moment and it isn't right nevertheless.

The thing is a lot of people who carry in public will often times be more brash because they are armed.
Like road rage driver inside big car x100?

Stand your ground does not at all allow for this to happen. Stand your ground simply means you do not have a duty to retreat if your life or the life of others is in real danger.
There’s no way the guy on the ground believed that at the moment he shot, it was to defend his life, or that his life was in immediate risk.

I think stand your ground could be fixed i they just added a sentence that says you are not under its protection if you started the confrontation

Reminds me of the Simpsons, when homer finds out about castle doctrine (iirc) and immediately invites Flanders to come over

I personally think the rest of the United States should level the entire South on the basis of self-defense.

I mean....I'm definitely feel that reasonable fear of imminent harm from those Republican-voting, economy-tanking, cousin-fucking morons is justified.

Come and take it

<{cum@me}>

No I understand it clearly

What you meant to say , Oldtimer is that we dont agree on stand your ground.

I support the second conceal and carry and shooting people when needs be but dont waste your time trying to convert me on syg it will be a waste of both our time

Ok

We just disagree on this.

Did it ever occur to you that a gun is just a remote control control for people?

I dont like the shoot, but the shooter was not the aggressor. He was using his words while the other guy used violence

He walked up to a situation where some stranger was yelling in his girl's face and he pushed the shooter, and after the shooter pulled his gun, the dude was clearly moving away before the shoot, not threatening. Terrible law if it covers a situation like that, and I don't think it does given the video. The shooter was being stupid confronting someone over a handicap space, call dispatch if you want to teach the person a lesson with a fat ticket, but his aggressiveness towards the woman triggered the guy to push him.

Would you agree that being shoved to the ground makes retreat difficult, if not impossible?

He wasn't some 80 year old woman with a broken hip, and the dude wasn't being aggressive after the push and was retreating after the gun was pulled. This isn't defensible, this was a nut starting shit and then pulling his gun and blasting when he got pushed to the ground.

th

Did you watch the video? He wasn't in the guy's face. The black guy ran up from the side and blindsided him.
Fellow troll and vigilante how is the crime out your way thy wonderful star citizen how many drug dealers did you kill this week.

Well...if the couple didn't deserve to park in that spot before, they sure do now...

Again it doesn't matter what the store owner says. In racially charged incidents people lie through their teeth for "their side". Well some people do.

The videos will prove that or its conjecture/heresay. Especially if some assaults happened they should be prosecuted. But I assume that's more conjecture.

The simple facts are this. A guy was having words with a girl in a car illegally parked in handicap spot. That man was assaulted from the blind side. A bitch move. The man panicked and was fearful as he doesn't know the assaulters intentions.

The victim of assault shoots the assaulter in fear, and that's all he needs as it's lawful.

Keep your hands to yourself at all times
Really,

So any high schooler that gets pushed on the way to school should be free to blast away? Someone shoves you to cut in line *peow peow peow*? Two drunk guys outside a pub get into an argument and a shoving match starts before one fires on the other? Sounds like a great place to live.

He hasn't been charged yet, but he will. The black guy was turning his body and starting to walk away when white dude shot him. He'll be charged.

Oh, wait a minute, white dude shoots a black dude. They ain't gonna fookin do nuttin.

More pussies with guns. Able to start a conflict and then immediately leveling deadly force as soon as possible.

Blindsided him? The guy comes around the corner and some guy is sticking his finger in the face of his wife and yelling. Putting a stop to that seems very logical.

The wife did step out of the car voluntarily to get in his face, so it wasn't exactly like he was threatening her or 'sticking his finger in her face'. Also they were parked in a handicapped spot and weren't handicapped then they randomly assaulted the guy for telling them that they couldn't do that. Not exactly marvel citizens.

He should not have shot the guy as he was no longer in danger. He should be charged with manslaughter or murder.

He hasn't been charged yet, but he will. The black guy was turning his body and starting to walk away when white dude shot him. He'll be charged.

Oh, wait a minute, white dude shoots a black dude. They ain't gonna fookin do nuttin.

The cops said they were not going to charge him, for real.<{CMPALM}>

The president of Montenegro could have legally shot Trump if he were in Florida and not some fruity place in Europe.

He walked up to a situation where some stranger was yelling in his girl's face and he pushed the shooter, and after the shooter pulled his gun, the dude was clearly moving away before the shoot, not threatening. Terrible law if it covers a situation like that, and I don't think it does given the video. The shooter was being stupid confronting someone over a handicap space, call dispatch if you want to teach the person a lesson with a fat ticket, but his aggressiveness towards the woman triggered the guy to push him.

I agreed it was a bad shoot, but again, the aggressor was the person who shoved him, not the shooter

Look at this thread. All the usual black posters are on the black guy's side regardless of the facts.
You should post a meme about it, Dorkist ;)

Back