What card would have satisfied you for Noche UFC??

So tried to keep it realistic and not overstack. I borrowed from events that took place from beginning of August while not severely crippling any event, trying to keep that realistic as well. Not an insane mega card but much better than they’re offering overall if you ask me. I didn’t keep their dumb theming though.

O’Malley vs. Merab
Grasso vs. Shevchenko
Ortega vs. Lopes
Figueiredo vs. Vera
Chiesa vs. Ferguson

Prates vs. Jingliang
Andrade vs. Silva
Morales vs. Magny
Murzakanov vs. Menifield

Zellhuber vs. Ribovics

The Mexican theme will be a massive part of the event. You would ruin a large part of the experience if you remove the Mexican element & just made it a "normal" card of sorts.

I find the main event strange because there's no mexican in it...

Outside of that the card is good showcase of Mexican talent..

Why didnt they just make a meaningful Mexican headliner i dunno...

Do get me wrong i want to see O'malley vs Merab ..just why this particular card i dunno ...

Was Moreno injured or busy? What about Yair Rodriguez? ...

For me the only thing missing are Yair and Moreno, I don't know who the people in the first two fights of the PPV are.

It seems like a lot of people are disappointed about the Noche UFC card.

So I’m gonna ask what card satisfied you. Which stars would you have put on the main card?

Maybe a card targeted at Mexicans that Mexicans can actually afford to go to. The average Mexican in the US has a salary that is less than than the average, so why make a card in a super expensive venue and charge them 5k a ticket for shit seats?

UFC: "we'll make a card for mexicans, not in mexico, not headlined by mexicans, and too expensive for Mexicans to attend. Happy independence day"

Last edited:
Both Diaz bros fighting on the same night.

Nate vs Chandler and Masvidal vs N. Diaz.
Yanez vs anybody and J. Martinez vs Rob Font.

I find the main event strange because there's no mexican in it...

Outside of that the card is good showcase of Mexican talent..

Why didnt they just make a meaningful Mexican headliner i dunno...

Do get me wrong i want to see O'malley vs Merab ..just why this particular card i dunno ...

Was Moreno injured or busy? What about Yair Rodriguez? ...

- 9 of the 10 cards have Mexicans, every single one but the main event

- There are no Mexicans that can be put in title fights currently aside from Grasso. So if you're really not happy with non-Mexicans O'Malley vs Dvalishvili as the headliner the only fight you can promote to the main event instead is Grasso vs Shevchenko 3.

- There are no Mexicans that can be put in title fights currently aside from Grasso. So if you're really not happy with non-Mexicans O'Malley vs Dvalishvili as the headliner the only fight you can promote to the main event instead is Grasso vs Shevchenko 3.

Grasso vs Shevchenko should have been the main event TBH

Sean vs Merab on Noche is just plain stupid

Grasso vs Shevchenko should have been the main event TBH

Sean vs Merab on Noche is just plain stupid

So we're getting 2 title fights & your suggestion to improve the card is just to take one way?

By the way last year's Noche UFC had non-Mexicans Kevin Holland vs JDM on it and that didn't matter much. As long as the vast majority of the card is Mexican I don't think it matters if it has 1 or 2 additional fights.

So we're getting 2 title fights & your suggestion to improve the card is just to take one way?

By the way last year's Noche UFC had non-Mexicans Kevin Holland vs JDM on it and that didn't matter much. As long as the vast majority of the card is Mexican I don't think it matters if it has 1 or 2 additional fights.
My complete suggestion is you have a gimmick commit to it.

They should have Grasso Headline and put both Yair and Moreno on this card.

It is fucking dumb that those two aren’t on the main.

My complete suggestion is you have a gimmick commit to it.

They should have Grasso Headline and put both Yair and Moreno on this card.

It is fucking dumb that those two aren’t on the main.

Who knows if those two were even ready to fight by this card? Maybe they have injuries or other obligations etc. Surely if Yair was ready he would've been on it given he hasn't fought since February.

Yea it could of been Grasso on top with Yair vs someone or Moreno below as co main event...

Like i said im down to see O'malley vs Merab for sure...just a strange placement IMO

Notable Mexican or mexican descent fighters they could have added. Card could have been much better than it is if they put any of these fighters against anybody on the main card.

Yair Rodriguez
Brandon Moreno
Henry Cejudo
Dominick Cruz
Anthony Hernandez
Dominick Reyes
Kelvin Gastelum
Jonathan Martinez

Who knows if those two were even ready to fight by this card? Maybe they have injuries or other obligations etc. Surely if Yair was ready he would've been on it given he hasn't fought since February.
Also they should have kept Fluffy vs Michel Pereira on this card. It was a great fight

Notable Mexican or mexican descent fighters they could have added. Card could have been much better than it is if they put any of these fighters against anybody on the main card.

Yair Rodriguez
Brandon Moreno
Henry Cejudo
Dominick Cruz
Anthony Hernandez
Dominick Reyes
Kelvin Gastelum
Jonathan Martinez

Yeah they really could have STACKED this card with popular Mexicans.

Don’t get why they didn’t

Also they should have kept Fluffy vs Michel Pereira on this card. It was a great fight

True but I'm sure both those guys appreciate getting their own main event, there's a lot of pros & cons to be looked at in the grand scheme of things.

Back