What can Rumble offer to Gus that Manuwa didn't?

Manuwa has one fight against a top guy who beat him to get a title shot. He's looked a killer to this point and still looked good against Gus despite getting KO'd (which crushed me). Jimi was supposed to fight Shogun instead of OSP, and I don't think there's many people that think Shogun would have won. The problem with Manuwa is that he doesn't fight nearly enough.

I would like Rumble to be as good as he appears, but I think he's gonna run into the same wall Jimi did with Gus. Dude just ain't scared.

You were insanely wrong. Rumble aint scared of anybody and it sure wouldn't be Gus. Rumble walked right through him like I predicted.

Gus=Hype Machine with padded record

Please. Arlovski 3.0 is a lot more tentative and didn't look like a killer in the Rumble fight, and AA fought with a broken jaw for most of the fight. Gus is a boxing champ, he has better movement and boxing than AA. He's going to light Rumble up from outside and then finish him.

Gus is not anything like you say he is. His boxing is crap and his movement is slow. That is why Rumble smashed him. Gus just isn't that good at all.

Are you serious? Manuwa hasn't beaten an opponent by anything other than a freak injury in over 2-years lol.

I don't understand how he got a fight with Gus or how he's ranked at all. I honestly think him vs Gus was a way worse squash match than Conor-Siver just to give Alexander another title shot when the iron was hot.

Hate to say I told you so...

Manuwa would KO Rumble. Rumble is overrated and will go on a losing streak after getting stopped by Gus in the first.
Rumble has the grappling advantage over Manuwa but Manuwa is the better striker. Punching power is equal, Manuwa would KO Nog too. :)

06_-_Jimi_Manuwa_vs_Luke_Blythe_-_UCMMA_6.gif

Never go full retard.

Back