What Camp Should Pat Barry Train At?

He would really thrive at Blackzillians, world class strikers with great TDD in abundance.

Having Overeem, Mitrione and Spong as sparring partners definitely couldn't hurt. Aside from Rashad, I feel like the blackzilians is lacking a little in the wrestling department though, no?

Matt didn't look so good in the roy fight

matt has fought anybody, he hasn't beaten anybody relevant since his career started. i knew roy would knock him out, love him or hate him but roy knows how to land that overhand right and that uppercut was sick.. roy only loses to great fighters like werdum, mir, jds. roy is very very talented he just doesn't always capitalize on it like he should. roy is dangerous unless you have a rock solid jaw or know how to outwork him like mir did.

Having Overeem, Mitrione and Spong as sparring partners definitely couldn't hurt. Aside from Rashad, I feel like the blackzilians is lacking a little in the wrestling department though, no?

for the ground they got:
rashad
anthony johnson
mario sperry
thiago silva
bauillo estima
vitor belfort

thiago silva is obviously really happy he's there so i don't see why pat shouldn't go, i mean he's not on overeems level so the title implications isn't really a huge factor and pat can get along with anybody. thiago silva said he wasted years at american top team, im guessing these guys work you hard which is great for barry. he can fine tune is defensive striking and work on jui jitsu and wrestling.

Aka? Hes a poss fight for DC in the near future.. Plus too many HW in the UFC who train there so he would get no love truthfully.
And fyi: hes in Colorado at Grudge with Whitman already.. Video on the net with him getting a haircut as his "initiation".

DC could go for a title the guy is a monster and i dont' see barry getting that far not to mention DC might go to lhw.

He's splitting time between grudge and Nelson. He said that Nelson helps with his grappling and wittman with his striking. Death clutch was great for him until it closed, all that gym needed was one more high level striker to balance out.

My source on where he's training is from an Ariel helwani interview

I think if he went to AKA there would too much politics about he's role in the hw division, same with the blackzillians with reem being a top hw and im sure pat wants to in the title picture,but I say Florida would be better for him..what about the lab I think Varner and benson could help he's game.

Matt didn't look so good in the roy fight

Yeh he did. You can't teach chin though. :p

Seriously, he looked fluid, but in the pocket when those shots start landing, the easiest thing to do in the world is lose composure. Big Roy hits hard. A lot harder than Meathead.

Barry fits the phrase "can't teach an old dog new tricks" perfectly. He got outgrappled by Mirko! His best bet is to strategize around his strength, kickboxing, under Rufus. They got some very good talent in Belcher n Pettis.

Like others said AKA. Cain & Cormier can definitely help Barry sharpen up his wrestling.

AKA or Blackzillians. Guys like Cormier, Cain and Rashad will definetly help Barry with his wrestling.

I would think either Blackzillians or AKA, but he looked good in his first fight since moving to grudge so hopefully it'll continue to be a good fight for him. A small part of me dies every time he loses

Damn dude you too?

Anyways I'm going with Blackzillians thou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back