What Camp Should Pat Barry Train At?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've read a bunch of articles about how Pat Barry was dismayed over the disbandment of the Death Clutch fight team, and that training at The Academy with Greg Nelson isn't benefitting him much, and that he needs more heavyweights to train with, etc. My question is; Where do you think Pat should move his training camps to in order to improve his success rate inside the octagon?

AKA.

Work on his wrestling/bottom game with Velasquez & Cormier

Yeah he has been rattling around MN looking for heavyweights to spar with. He stopped by my gym one night, but we don't have many HW guys. It sucks to move here and then Brock closes up shop. He was on the ultimate fighter with Carwin though. Not really sure where the best HW camp is.

AKA.

Work on his wrestling/bottom game with Velasquez & Cormier

I didn't even think about AKA. Good choice. But they have alot of fighters to train. Would he get the attention he needs to be successful?

I would love to see Barry train at Tristar

I've read a bunch of articles about how Pat Barry was dismayed over the disbandment of the Death Clutch fight team, and that training at The Academy with Greg Nelson isn't benefitting him much, and that he needs more heavyweights to train with, etc. My question is; Where do you think Pat should move his training camps to in order to improve his success rate inside the octagon?

uhm didn't he already state that he is training with Trevor Whitman at grudge?

I didn't even think about AKA. Good choice. But they have alot of fighters to train. Would he get the attention he needs to be successful?

As a UFC fighter I bet he would. And he just needs to work on his ground game, even though it's already a lot better then it once was.

I think AKA would be a good fit

I would think either Blackzillians or AKA, but he looked good in his first fight since moving to grudge so hopefully it'll continue to be a good fight for him. A small part of me dies every time he loses

AKA would be a good fit. He'd still get quality striking coaching and he'd be able to work with high level wrestlers like Cormier and Cain. Being real, Pat's not going to be a top guy, so there won't really be any conflict of interest with him being there with the top guys.

uhm didn't he already state that he is training with Trevor Whitman at grudge?

I believe so. I swear I was he mentioned it in interviews before and after his last fight. If he had to move anywhere, I would say aka because of the wrestling but then would be in the "fighters at the same camp don't" conversation over and over again.

Just re-watch his last fight . Trevor is in his corner. That might be a slight indication that he's been training there

he is going to be the same type of fighter wherever he goes. But probably blackzillions.

AKA is a great choice-his not getting to the title any time soon unless he works on his ground game. Great way to avoid getting there is working with great wrestlers

Like others have suggested,either AKA or Blackzilians would be a good fit for him.

After Trevor and the boys at Grudge held him down and cut his hair I'd kick every dudes ass there and head to AKA.

After Trevor and the boys at Grudge held him down and cut his hair I'd kick every dudes ass there and head to AKA.

He does train at Grudge. I train out here in CO and my coaches train out of the grudge and have sparred with him. He was also on Carwins coaching team on TUF.

Pat Barry should Train with Fedor.
Eat savage amounts of Cold Potato Soup(Borscht), Learn Sambo and practice all sorts of Armbars.
Or.. Head to Vegas and train at Xtreme Couture. Randy and Forrest would work real well with him

Back